South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: General
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the November 9, 2022, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Debbie presented a report regarding the status of SCTM towards achieving the President’s Distinguished Award. Currently SCTM has completed 3 of 9 requirements. Two of the categories are regarding the educational requirements and one of the categories is regarding the membership dues. In the near future, the new officers will complete the officer training for next term. This will complete another requirement towards the President’s Distinguished Club. Our Club is in a good position to achieve this award again.
- The Area Speech Contest will be held on February 11, 2023. The contest for our Club will need to be scheduled prior to February 11, 2023. Details regarding this contest will be determined at the next meeting.
- Toastmasters International (TMI) has changed the logon to access Basecamp on the website. Debbie demonstrated the new steps on how to access Basecamp. TMI provided a video explaining the new process to access Basecamp. The video is available here: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tCAE3h3U7L0
- Debbie reported there is a new feature on the SCTM website. On the Member Resources page, there is a new category titled “Club Documents.” This is a collection of forms and documents frequently used by all Club members. New versions of the documents will be loaded onto this page so all members will be able to easily access the most updated forms and information. Debbie will send each Club member an email with a link to access this page.
- Debbie reminded the Club members about the issues with using Turbobase to send emails to members scheduled for meeting roles. She suggested the following: a)When the meeting schedules are emailed to everyone by the VPE, check the schedule for your name, date and the scheduled role. Make a note on your calendars as to when you are assigned and to what role; b) When you are scheduled as the Toastmaster or General Evaluator, use your personal email, rather than Turbobase, to send an email to the members assigned to a role. This way, all members assigned to a role will receive the information, including the members with gmail accounts; c) The IT Committee is still working on replacing Turbobase with a more reliable system. This will be announced when completed.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. Brent reported the total funds in the SCTM account were $2,435.20 as of November 16, 2022.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Julie Zeitler, chairman of the Christmas Party, gave a report
The two options for the Christmas party are: having a Christmas themed meeting on December 14, 2022, with members bringing food and snacks for a potluck. OR having a Christmas party at Bill Collier’ house on December 21, 2022.
After some discussion, Jim Salih made the following motion: To cancel the December 14, 2022, SCTM meeting and have the Club Christmas party at Bill Collier’s house on that same night. The motion was seconded by J.D. Perper. The motion passed. Julie Zeitler will finalize the details with the Christmas Party Committee and will provide more information at the next meeting.
Bill Collier, chairman of the Public Relations (PR) Committee
Bill reported the PR Committee will be looking for new members beginning next term, in January. The leaders of this committee are the VP Public Relations and VP Membership. The Committee meets once a month for one hour. Please contact Bill if interested in serving on this Committee.
Steve Winheim, member of the Nominating Committee
Steve reported the Nominating Committee is still looking for members to fill the VP Public Relations and the Club Secretary positions for next term. Please contact Rob Van Winkle, Steve Winheim or Debbie Young if you are interested in serving in these positions for next term.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Brian Berman|
|General Evaluator||Bill Collier|
|Speaker 1||Liz DeCamp|
|Speaker 2||George Kiser|
|Speaker 3||Suzanne Janick|
|Evaluator 1||Callie Koehr|
|Evaluator 2||Alan Kirby|
|Evaluator 3||Charles Giamarino|
|Vote Counter||Susan McConnell|
|AH Counter||Patrick Hunt|
|Best Table Topics||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Evaluator||Alan Kirby|
|Best Speaker||Suzanne Janick|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Hot, used 11 times
Ah Counter Report: 10 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Bill Collier; Charles Giamarino; Patrick Hunt; Suzanne Janick; Callie Koehr; George Kiser; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp; Alan Kirby
- Visitors: Jackie Compton; Gina Willard
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary