South County Toastmasters are friendly, involved men and women from all backgrounds who are not only interested in improving their own communication and leadership skills but are equally interested in helping others, no matter what their current skill level. At Toastmasters, we learn to improve our listening, thinking, and speaking skills in a very supportive, non-threatening, fun environment. Our club has consistently helped inexperienced, timid speakers become good, confident public speakers, and we have seen good speakers become even better speakers.
“I can always count on a member to give supportive feedback. This supportive feedback helps motivate, inspire me, and most importantly, helps me grow.”
BENEFITS OF TOASTMASERS MEMBERS
- Increase self confidence in public speaking
- Develop strategic leadership skills
- Improve interpersonal communication skills through meeting participation
- Expand personal and professional management skills
- Enhance listening skills
WHY south county toastmasters?
Consider this when choosing which Toastmasters club to join:
- We meet in a professional quality, modern meeting room and have high-quality audio visual equipment on which you can practice your presentations before you take them outside the club.
- You have the option to attend in-person for that up close and personal experience or online, allowing you to attend from anywhere.
- South County Toastmasters has been a top-performing club for over 45 years. Check out our club history here.
- We assign all new members a personal coach to help you get started on your Toastmaster journey.
- You will have access to a vast array of life experiences from other members who are always available to assist and guide you.
- We keep a fun, relaxed and welcoming environment.
responsibilities of south county toastmasters membership
- Regular attendance is expected
- Fulfill assigned roles for each meeting or find a replacement if you are unable to fill the role
- Support fellow SCTM members by providing feedback on various roles they have filled
- Pay dues. There are options available to those who need assistance.
- Be open-minded to new opportunities to expand your skills
- Have fun during the learning process
“For me, Toastmasters has influenced every facet of my life. It has given me valuable tools for my academic and professional life, enriched my current friendships and let me build new relationships with many interesting and like-minded individuals.”
When you become a member of South County Toastmasters, a mentor will be assigned to help you get started. The mentor will assist the new member with: establishing goals, learning about membership in the club, developing their first few speeches, and encouraging the new member to service in meeting roles. The mentor and mentee will determine how often to meet according to their schedules and the needs of the new member.
“Toastmasters is the perfect “laboratory” in which one can develop or refine advanced communication skills and flex important leadership muscles. Being part of a strong Toastmasters group provides the support, coaching and structure required to make this happen. It is encouraging, rewarding and pretty darn fun.”
Dues are $76.00 every six months due both April 1 and October 1. They will be prorated if you join in any other month (see our membership application for dues details). There is an initial $30.00 joining fee for new members that is not prorated. Returning or transferring members do not pay the initial joining fee.
“South County Toastmasters has helped me gain confidence in speaking in front of an audience. It has also helped me develop listening and leadership skills through the support of the club members. I have applied these skills to all aspects of my life, both professionally and personally.”
Ready to join? Complete this form and forward to our club. We will make arrangements to collect your dues.