South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Comfort and Joy
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the November 16, 2022, meeting. One correction was emailed to Susan McConnell, Secretary. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Area International Speech Contest and Humorous Speech Contest will be held on February 11, 2023. The contest for SCTM will need to be scheduled prior to February 11, 2023. Jim Salih made the following motion: South County Toastmasters will hold an International Speech Contest and Humorous Speech Contest on January 25, 2023. The motion was seconded by J.D. Perper. The motion passed unanimously. The Club will need volunteers to serve as contestants, contest master and chief judge. Please contact Debbie Young if interested in serving in these roles.
- Debbie emailed a link to all Club members to access a new feature on the SCTM website. On the Member Resources page, there is a new category titled “Club Documents.” This is a collection of forms and documents frequently used by all Club members. New versions of the documents will be loaded onto this page so all members will be able to easily access the most updated forms and information. The link to the online Zoom meetings is in the Club documents and can always be used to join the meetings online. Please contact Debbie if you have trouble opening the link.
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute (TLI) will be holding officer training on Saturday, December 10, 2022. This will be held online, via Zoom, only. Anyone who will be holding an office next term, but has not yet been officially elected, is encouraged to attend. There will be other training opportunities for all Club members, even for those who will not be holding an office next term. Please use the following link to register for the training: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSdoioQk2Iz-GYJM4khjoHbliePN8BDEZmea8LmCZVnwO3nqPA/viewform
- Debbie presented an education award. Victor Mattison completed Pathways Dynamic Leadership, Level 1. Congratulations Victor!
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. The Club has name tags available for all new members. Please contact Debbie Young to obtain a name tag.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. Brent reported the total funds in the SCTM account were $2,435.20 as of November 16, 2022.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Steve Winheim, member of the Nominating Committee
Steve announced the slate of officers for the next term.
President: Debbie Young
VP Education: Adam Fox
VP Membership: Susan McConnell
VP of Public Relations: Patrick Hunt
Secretary: Kathy Denton
Treasurer: Jim Salih
Sergeant at Arms: Charles Giamarino
Officer at Large: Jim Salih (he is still our most immediate past president)
Julie Zeitler, chairman of the Christmas Party
Julie announced the Christmas party will be held on December 14, 2022, at the home of Bill and Joyce Collier. Their address is: 2269 St. Andrew Ct., High Ridge, MO 63049. The party will begin at 5:00. Food will be served at 6:00 PM. Spouses, friends and children are welcome. A sign-up sheet will be passed around for members to bring food for the potluck. Susan McConnell made a motion for the Club to spend up to $75.00 for non-alcoholic beverages for the Christmas party. The motion was seconded by Rob Van Winkle. The motion passed unanimously. Bill Collier announced his company will be collecting new toys to be distributed at Shriner’s Hospital this holiday season. Anyone interested, please bring a new toy to the next meeting or to the Christmas party at Bill’s house.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: The Club inducted 2 new members. A motion was made by Jim Salih, to accept the membership application from Jackie Compton. The motion was seconded by J.D. Perper. The motion passed unanimously. A motion was made by Brent Stewart, to accept the membership application from Deborah Weniger. The motion was seconded by J.D. Perper. The motion passed unanimously. Debbie Young will serve as a mentor for both new members. Welcome to the Club Jackie and Deborah!
Correspondence and Announcements: J.D. Perper will be giving a musical Christmas concert on Saturday, December 17, 2022 at 7:00 PM at his apartment complex. J.D. will send an email to all Club members with additional information.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Steve Winheim|
|General Evaluator||Patrick Hunt|
|Speaker 1||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 2||Victor Mattison|
|Speaker 3||Bill Collier|
|Evaluator 1||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 2||Suzanne Janick|
|Evaluator 3||Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter||Jim Salih|
|AH Counter||Brent Stewart|
|Best Table Topics||Victor Mattison|
|Best Evaluator||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker||Victor Mattison|
|Most Improved||Julie Zeitler|
Word of the Day: Triumph used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 30 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Bill Collier; Adam Fox; Charles Giamarino; Suzanne Janick; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp; Patrick Hunt; Sean Sheehan
- Visitors: Jackie Compton; Mike DeCamp; Samira Mujdzic; Christine Ritter; Deborah Wenigeer
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary