South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Hard, Heavy Work in the Backyard
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of October 12, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Executive Committee would like to plan a Christmas party on December 14th or December 21st. A volunteer would be needed to chair the planning committee. Debbie asked if members were interested in having a party and 10 people raised their hands. More details will be discussed at a future meeting.
- The District 8 Fall Picnic will be on 10/22/2022. This will be an opportunity to meet Toastmasters throughout the District. Everyone is welcome. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXlvTyCZ7AQwJU9Z8iefm46RmgDEulEAibJkPLWC0iraUjBw/viewform
- The Toastmaster Area Director visited the Club on September 28, 2022. Debbie has emailed with the Area Director, who will be compiling a report about his visit and impressions of the Club. The Area Director will visit again in the first quarter of next year.
- A Nominating Committee needs to be formed to start the process of nominating officers for next term. Please contact Debbie Young if you are interested in serving as an officer for next term or serving on the Nominating Committee.
- A Chromebook and a Webcam have been donated to the Club by Tom Terrific. The Chromebook is no longer supported, but still can be used to access the Internet. The Webcam is not needed for Club meetings but is still functional. Please see Debbie if interested in either item.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Committees: Susan McConnell, chairman of the Halloween Open House Committee, gave a report. The open house is scheduled for October 26, 2022. She is asking for the Club members to sign-up to bring food and snacks for the open house. Susan emailed the announcement flyer to all Club members. Please use this flyer to promote the event to friends and anyone interested in Toastmasters. Susan also provided paper copies of the flyer for members to take tonight. The open house is being promoted on social media by members of the PR Committee, Steve Burchett and Bill Collier. Please consider wearing a costume to add to the fun.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: Steve Winheim asked about the role of the “Ah Counter” on Zoom. Frequently it is difficult for everyone to hear the bell on Zoom or sometime there isn’t a bell to use. He suggested assigning this role to someone attending the meeting in person. Debbie Young responded that Bill Collier was organizing a Quality Committee to evaluate how all the roles are executed during the meetings. This will be reviewed in the near future.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Debbie Young|
|General Evaluator||Rob Van Winkle|
|Speaker 1||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 2||Melissa Baldwin|
|Evaluator 1||Jeff Hoehn|
|Evaluator 2||Kathy Denton|
|Vote Counter||Callie Koehr|
|AH Counter||Steve Winheim|
|Best Table Topics||Kathy Denton|
|Best Evaluator||Kathy Denton|
|Most Improved||Melissa Baldwin|
Word of the Day: Paradoxical, used 2 times
Ah Counter Report: 35 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Kathy Denton; Adam Fox; Jeff Hoehn; Callie Koehr; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Liz DeCamp; Sean Sheehan; Julie Zeitler
Total Member Attendance 13 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
|6||Rob Van Winkle|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary