South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Halloween Open House
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of October 19, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- District 8 will sponsor an educational development program regarding Robert’s Rules of Order on 10/29/22. This will be online only. All are welcome to participate. Use this link to register: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0wv8NfsacE98fAZ-BIimJYRgvnsWPqKMkLhgYgk6d1etp1g/viewform?fbzx=-5213469352483172941. All are welcome to participate.
- The Toastmaster Area Director, Brendan Akoe, confirmed the Area Contest, Division Contest and District Speech Contest will all be done virtually on Zoom. SCTM still has the option to have an in-person contest, but we will need to be prepared to participate in the additional contests via Zoom.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. Brent sent an updated Treasurer’s report to all Club members in an email earlier this week. The members are encouraged to view the report. The link is also provided here: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1qoJGzQWMnBcKfnTUM-3iSwI1sF3dJoSS/edit?usp=sharing&ouid=106764141693831254954&rtpof=true&sd=true
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Committees: No report
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- A holiday party will be planned for December 14, 2022, or December 21, 2022. A vote was taken, and 12 members were interested in having a holiday party. Further discussions and planning will happen soon. Anyone interested in participating on a planning committee, please contact Debbie Young.
- Suzanne Janick gave a speech last weekend at a women’s retreat. Congratulations Suzanne!
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Adam Fox|
|General Evaluator||Sean Sheehan|
|Speaker 1||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 2||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 1||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 2||Brian Berman|
|Vote Counter||Liz DeCamp|
|AH Counter||Debbie Young|
|Best Table Topics||Bill Collier|
|Best Evaluator||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Brian Berman|
|Scariest Table Topics||Steve Burchett|
|Best Costume||Patrick Hunt|
Word of the Day: Ghastly, used 7 times
Ah Counter Report: 15 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Adam Fox; Suzanne Janick; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp; Sean Sheehan
- Visitor: Kelly Gonzalez
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
|7||Rob Van Winkle|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary