South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Creativity
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of September 28, 2022 and October 5, 2022 . The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Debbie thanked everyone who participated in the Founder’s Day meeting last week. It was a great success.
- Results of the Club survey were sent to all the members. Overall, the results were positive. The areas for improvement were networking opportunities, professional development, promoting the Club and promoting individual Club members. The Executive Committee will work with the Public Relations Committee to promote the Club and Club members.
- Upcoming networking opportunities within the District 8 level of Toastmasters are shown below:
- District 8 Fall Picnic on 10/22/2022. This will be an opportunity to meet Toastmasters throughout the District. Everyone is welcome. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSeXlvTyCZ7AQwJU9Z8iefm46RmgDEulEAibJkPLWC0iraUjBw/viewform
- Educational Development regarding Robert’s Rules of Order on 10/29/22. This will be online only. https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSe0wv8NfsacE98fAZ-BIimJYRgvnsWPqKMkLhgYgk6d1etp1g/viewform?fbzx=-5213469352483172941.
- Toastmaster Leadership Institute will have officer training scheduled for 12/10/22. In addition to the officer training, other classes will be offered for all interested Toastmasters. Some examples of the training would be: how to do better evaluations; how to develop a social media page; how to be a better communicator with co-workers. All Club members are welcome to sign up for any of the additional classes offered.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. Bill and Steve Burchett will be promoting the upcoming Halloween Open House very soon.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The balance of the Club bank account is $2,480.20. The rent for the room at Sunset Hills Community Center has been paid through December 31, 2022. A majority of the Club members paid their dues to renew their memberships. SCTM currently has 29 members.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Committees: Susan McConnell, chairman of the Halloween Open House Committee, gave a report. The open house is scheduled for October 26, 2022. She is asking for the Club members to sign-up to bring food and snacks for the open house. The Club will not be purchasing food for this event. In order for visitors to see how Toastmaster meetings are conducted, the agenda will be the same format as a regular meeting. One more speaker and one more evaluator is needed to complete the schedule. Club members are all encouraged to invite friends and visitors to attend this open house. Please consider wearing a costume to add to the fun.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Brent Stewart|
|General Evaluator||Victor Mattison|
|Speaker 1||Suzanne Janick|
|Speaker 2||George Kiser|
|Evaluator 1||Rob Van Winkle|
|Evaluator 2||Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter||Steve Winheim|
|AH Counter||Susan McConnell|
|Best Table Topics||Victor Mattison|
|Best Evaluator||Rob Van Winkle|
|Most Improved||Brian Berman|
Word of the Day: Boisterous, used 10 times
Ah Counter Report: 16 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Brian Berman; Suzanne Janick; George Kiser; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Alan Kirby; Callie Koehr
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
|5||Rob Van Winkle|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary