South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Last Day of Summer
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of September 14, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- A survey from the Executive Committee was emailed again to all SCTM members last week. There were 23 responses. The Executive Committee will review the results and will provide an action plan to the Club members in the near future.
- Brad Adams, the guest speaker from last week, spoke about participating in speech contests. Eligibility requirements for participating in Toastmaster speech contests are available on the TMI website. Debbie Young also has printed versions of the requirements for anyone who is interested. All contestants must have completed 2 levels of Pathways or be a DTM to complete in a Toastmasters contest. Anyone who has not completed these requirements and who is interested in competing, please see Debbie Young. She can work with you to fast-track your progress in Pathways to be able to compete in the contest.
VPE: Callie Koehr. Callie has Pathways progress charts, with stickers, available for anyone who is interested tracking their progress on paper.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Jim Salih, a member of the Founder’s Day Committee, made the following motion: “To allow the Committee to spend up to $120.00 of the Club funds to cover expenses for the Founder’s Day meeting on October 5, 2022.” The motion was seconded by J.D. Perper. After some discussion, the Club members voted. The motion passed unanimously.
Jim Salih asked about the progress of membership dues. Debbie Young reported that 28 out of 31 members have paid their dues. Debbie will collect dues from anyone who would like to pay tonight. Payments can also be made by Venmo. Dues payments already collected have been submitted to TMI and the Club is in good standing with paying the dues on time. Anyone who has not yet paid their dues may lose access to Basecamp. Brent Stewart will follow-up with the members who have not yet paid.
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- J.D. Perper asked if anyone needed cards for his “good deeds” project. He distributed cards to several people and explained the purpose of the project. Anytime a Club member observes anyone doing something nice for someone else, please ask them their first name and share the name and location of the good deed with J.D. for his project. Give the person the card to keep. The South County Toastmasters name and website are printed on the card, along with the TMI logo. J.D. will post information on the South County website to further explain the project.
- Charles Giamarino asked about how new members can be more involved in Club activities. Debbie Young responded that all members are welcome to participate on any committees discussed during the meetings. An invitation will be extended to him to attend the planning committee meeting for the upcoming Halloween Open House. The Public Relations/Marketing Committee is also available to any interested Club members.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||J.D. Perper|
|General Evaluator||Liz DeCamp|
|Speaker 1||Susan McConnell|
|Speaker 2||Callie Koehr|
|Speaker 3||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 1||J.D. Perper|
|Evaluator 2||Charles Giamarino|
|Evaluator 3||Rob Van Winkle|
|Vote Counter||Steve Burchett|
|AH Counter||Jim Salih|
|Best Table Topics||Rob Van Winkle|
|Best Speaker||Susan McConnell|
|Best Evaluator||Rob Van Winkle|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Transition, used 6 times, 3 unique phrases used
Ah Counter Report: 8 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Steve Burchett; Adam Fox; Charles Giamarino; Jeff Hoehn; Suzanne Janick; Callie Koehr; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Sandy Roll; Jim Salih; Rob Van Winkle; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton
Total Member Attendance 16 out of 31
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary