South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Overcoming Adversity
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of September 21, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Club member, Brian Berman, accepted an engineering position with a company in Chicago and will be moving at the end of October. He will still attend the SCTM Club meetings on Zoom. Congratulations Brian.
- In the absence of the Club VPE, Callie Koehr, Debbie presented Club member, Steve Burchett, with certificates of achievement for completing levels 3 and 4 in the Pathways Visionary Communication Program.
- In the absence of Club VPE, Callie Koehr, Debbie reported on the Club progress towards achieving the President’s Distinguished Club Award. At this point, SCTM has completed 3 of the 10 requirements. The Club is in a good position to achieve the President’s Distinguished Club Award again next year.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. As of this day, 28 of the 31 members have renewed their Club memberships and have paid their dues. The funds were sent to TMI and the Club is in compliance with the requirements for President’s Distinguished Club Award. The Venmo account was used by 14 members to pay their dues. This has been a successful addition to the options available for members to pay dues.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
- Bill Collier reported on the Founder’s Day Meeting scheduled for October 5, 2022. He encouraged members to invite guests and to contact former members to invite them to attend. He also encouraged members to bring awards, trophies and photos from past Club events or contests to share with attendees. Tables will be available to display the items brought to the meeting by members. Starting at 5:30, food will be served and members can gather for socializing prior to the 6:00 meeting start time. After the meeting is over at 8:00, everyone is in invited to meet at Maggie O’Brien’s, across the street from Sunset Hills Community Center, to continue socializing. Please plan to attend.
- Susan McConnell reported on the Halloween Open House scheduled for October 26, 2022. She is planning on having 3 speakers and asked for volunteers to give speeches based on “scary/spooky story or Halloween memory” themed topics. In the near future, a food sign-up sheet will be passed around for members to volunteer to bring food to share with the group for a potluck. Everyone is encouraged to wear a costume, but it’s not required. Please invite friends and anyone who is interested in Toastmasters. More details will be reported in the near future
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Debbie Young announced, a new link to access the meetings on Zoom will be sent to Club members after the Founder’s Day Meeting on October 5, 2022.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Victor Mattison|
|General Evaluator||Bill Collier|
|Speaker 1||Suzanne Janick|
|Speaker 2||Brent Stewart|
|Speaker 3||Rob Van Winkle|
|Evaluator 1||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 2||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 3||Sandy Roll|
|Vote Counter||Adam Fox|
|AH Counter||Steve Winheim|
|Best Table Topics||Elaine Curry|
|Best Speaker||Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator||Liz DeCamp|
|Most Improved||Suzanne Janick|
Word of the Day: Manipulate, used 13 times
Ah Counter Report: 20 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 8:00 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Brian Berman; Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Adam Fox; Patrick Hunt; Suzanne Janick; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Liz DeCamp; Sandy Roll
- Visitors – Sunset Hills Community Center: Brendan Akoe; Hunter Lynch; Rich Porter
- Visitors – Zoom: Elaine Curry; Stephanie Hulsey; Herman Koester
Total Member Attendance 17 out of 31
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary