South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Falling into Fall
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of September 7, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- A survey from the Executive Committee was emailed to all SCTM members last week. The survey includes questions about the progress of the Club, the educational opportunities of Toastmasters and what the Club members think about the meetings. So far, only 8 of 31 members have responded. The survey will be sent again to all Club members. Please take time to answer the 15 questions. This shouldn’t take very long. The Executive Committee will use the results to implement improvements to the overall SCTM experience.
- The Executive Committee met last Monday night, September 12, 2022, at 6:00 PM. The Committee will present a report to the Club at a future Club meeting.
- The special Halloween Meeting is scheduled for October 26, 2022. Susan McConnell volunteered to coordinate the meeting with a committee. Anyone interested in assisting with the planning, please contact Susan.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The Club membership dues need to be collected by the end of September. The amount is $76.00 for the next 6 months. The payment options are cash, check or Venmo. Brent will be sending an email to all Club members with a link to the Venmo account. So far, 26 of the 32 members have paid. Please by Brent by the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Bill Collier is coordinating the Founder’s Day meeting on October 5, 2022. Bill encouraged all Club members to bring any trophies, awards, photos or Club memorabilia to the October 5, 2022, meeting. This information can be displayed on tables in the meeting room for everyone to view. Bill also made a reservation at Maggie O’Brien’s restaurant, across the street from the Sunset Hills Community Center. Anyone who is interested in continuing their conversations started at the meeting, can continue their discussions at Maggie O’Brien’s. Please plan to attend. Thanks to Bill Collier for organizing this special meeting.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
Melissa Baldwin commented about the meeting quality section of the Club survey. In order to improve the quality of the meetings on Zoom, she is aware of a timer available on Zoom so the speakers can see exactly how much time they have spoken. She can also assist with changing the background colors on Zoom to green, yellow or red for the timers on Zoom.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Toastmaster||Rob Van Winkle|
|Table Topics Master||Bill Collier|
|General Evaluator||Jim Salih|
|Speaker 1||Brian Adams|
|Speaker 2||Steve Burchett|
|Speaker 3||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 1||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 2||Julie Zeitler|
|Evaluator 3||Kathy Denton|
|Vote Counter||Victor Mattison|
|AH Counter||Suzanne Janick|
|Best Table Topics||Victor Mattison|
|Best Speaker||Steve Burchett|
|Best Evaluator||Kathy Denton|
|Most Improved||Julie Zeitler|
Word of the Day: Wither, used 5 times
Ah Counter Report: 10 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Brian Berman; Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Adam Fox; Suzanne Janick; George Kiser; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Liz DeCamp; Victor Mattison
- Visitors – Sunset Hills Community Center: Carl Hendrickson
- Visitors – Zoom: Brad Adams; Art Stanze
Total Member Attendance 17 out of 31
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary