South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: All Table Topics
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of August 24, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Executive Team drafted a survey to send to all SCTM members regarding the progress of the Club. This will be emailed to all Club members within the next week. This is on a Google platform. If anyone would like to answer the questions anonymously, the link can be copied and pasted into a general URL. Otherwise, the responses will be connected to your Google account. The survey has 15 questions. Please take time to thoroughly answer the questions.
- Bill Collier has volunteered to be in charge of the second annual Founder’s Day special meeting in October. Anyone interested in participating on the Founder’s Day committee, please contact Bill Collier.
- The special Halloween Meeting is scheduled for October 26, 2022. A volunteer is still needed to coordinate this meeting. Julie Zeitler volunteered to assist. A chairman is still needed.
- Debbie attended a 1½ hour online webinar coordinated by Club member, Jeff Hoehn. She will be able to get credit towards a Pathways project by attending this webinar. Please remember, if you participate in a speaking related activity outside of Toastmasters, you can earn credit for a Pathways project. Please contact Debbie or VPE, Callie Koehr, if you have any questions regarding earning credit for Pathways projects.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The Club membership dues need to be collected by the end of September. The amount is $76.00 for the next 6 months. The payment options are cash, check or Venmo. Brent will be sending an email to all Club members with a link to the Venmo account. Please pay Brent by the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. Rob asked for a volunteer to assist with the Sergeant-at-Arms duties while he is gone next week. Adam Fox and Debbie Young will assist in Rob’s absence.
Committees: No report
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Steve Burchett will be on the microphone as emcee of a charity trivia event in STL on Friday, September 23rd, doors open at 6pm. Trivia starts at 7pm. The event will be held at the Electrician’s Hall Local One, 5850 Elizabeth. The cost is $250 per table of up to 8, and that includes beer, wine, soda, and snacks. Proceeds go to Rebuilding Together STL. The trivia is 10 rounds of 10 questions and usually wraps between 10 and 10:30pm. For Tables call Cheryl: (314) 918-9918 ext. 112. Please contact Steve if you have additional questions.
- Jim Bubash and his wife are sponsoring a fund raiser to benefit Pink Ribbon Girls STL. This organizing supports families fighting breast or gynecological cancers in and around the St. Louis area. Come hear Javier Mendoza play live music at The Chapel on Saturday, September 17, 2022, from 8:00 – 10:00 PM. The address is 6238 Alexander Drive, St. Louis, MO 63105. Tickets can be purchased from Eventbrite: https://tinyurl.com/javier-mendoza. Please contact Jim Bubash if you have additional questions.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master – Round 1||J.D. Perper|
|Table Topics Master – Round 2||Julie Zeitler|
|Table Topics Master – Round 3||Charles Giamarino|
|Vote Counter||Debbie Young|
|AH Counter||Brian Berman|
|Best Table Topics – Round 1||Bill Collier|
|Best Table Topics – Round 2||Suzanne Janick|
|Best Table Topics – Round 3||Suzanne Janick|
Ah Counter Report: 21 uses of crutch words and filler words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Brian Berman; Jim Bubash; Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Charles Giamarino; Suzanne Janick; Callie Koehr; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Arvin Elongavan; Victor Mattison
- Visitor: Carl Hendrickson, Sunset Hills Community Center
Total Member Attendance 17 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary