South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Fame
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of August 31, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- A survey from the Executive Committee will be emailed to all SCTM members within the week regarding the progress of the Club. This is on a Google platform. The answers are totally anonymous, unless a member would like to include their name with the answers. The survey has 15 questions. Please take time to thoroughly answer the questions.
- There will be a meeting of the Executive Committee next Monday night, September 12, 2022, at 6:00 PM. Debbie will email a reminder notice to all Executive Committee members.
- The special Halloween Meeting is scheduled for October 26, 2022. A volunteer is still needed to coordinate this meeting. Julie Zeitler volunteered to assist. A chairman is still needed.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The Club membership dues need to be collected by the end of September. The amount is $76.00 for the next 6 months. The payment options are cash, check or Venmo. Brent will be sending an email to all Club members with a link to the Venmo account. So far, 17 of the 32 members have paid. Please by Brent by the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
- Bill Collier is coordinating the Founder’s Day meeting on October 5, 2022. Victor Mattison, last year’s coordinator and Toastmaster for this meeting, did a great job of documenting the activities for this meeting. Bill is planning to use a similar agenda for the meeting this year. There will be 1 or 2 speakers. There will be a 20 minute session where people can talk about their experiences of SCTM. There will also be a gathering after the meeting at a restaurant or bar. Bill will be contacting Club members to fill roles for this meeting. Thanks to Bill Collier for organizing this special meeting.
- As part of the Public Relations (PR) Committee, Steve Burchett is asking for volunteers from the Club to participate in an interview about why they joined Toastmasters, how they happened to join and stay with SCTM and the benefits of the SCTM experience. These will be used to promote the Club on Facebook and other social media. Please contact Steve if interested in participating.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: A former member of SCTM, Melissa Baldwin, rejoined the Club. Her mentor will be Debbie Young. Welcome Melissa.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Steve Burchett will be on the microphone as emcee of a charity trivia event in STL on Friday, September 23rd, doors open at 6pm. Trivia starts at 7pm. The event will be held at the Electrician’s Hall Local One, 5850 Elizabeth. The cost is $250 per table of up to 8, and that includes beer, wine, soda, and snacks. Proceeds go to Rebuilding Together STL. The trivia is 10 rounds of 10 questions and usually wraps between 10 and 10:30pm. For Tables call Cheryl: (314) 918-9918 ext. 112. Please contact Steve if you have additional questions.
- Jim Bubash and his wife are sponsoring a fund raiser to benefit Pink Ribbon Girls STL. This organizing supports families fighting breast or gynecological cancers in and around the St. Louis area. Come hear Javier Mendoza play live music at The Chapel on Saturday, September 17, 2022, from 8:00 – 10:00 PM. The address is 6238 Alexander Drive, St. Louis, MO 63105. Tickets can be purchased from Eventbrite: https://tinyurl.com/javier-mendoza. Please contact Jim Bubash if you have additional questions.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Susan McConnell|
|General Evaluator||Brent Stewart|
|Speaker 1||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 2||Kathy Denton|
|Speaker 3||Patrick Hunt|
|Evaluator 1||Steve Burchett|
|Evaluator 2||Sean Sheehan|
|Evaluator 3||George Kiser|
|Vote Counter||Brian Berman|
|AH Counter||Charles Giamarino|
|Best Table Topics||Debbie Young|
|Best Speaker||Patrick Hunt|
|Best Evaluator||Sean Sheehan|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Inspirational, used 7 times
Ah Counter Report: 10 uses of crutch words
Meeting Rating: 9.9
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Brian Berman; Bill Collier; Charles Giamarino; Patrick Hunt; Suzanne Janick; George Kiser; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Steve Burchett; Kathy Denton; Callie Koehr; Sean Sheehan
- Visitors: Daphne Slade; Melissa Baldwin
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 32
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary