South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Summer Fun
Meeting Location: Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of August 3, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Executive Committee met for the second time since July 1, 2022. In keeping with tradition, the Executive Committee voted to cancel the following meetings around the end of the year holidays: November 23, 2022; December 21, 2022 and December 28, 2022.
- Tom Krauska (Terrific), VP of Membership, resigned from SCTM. Jim Salih, Immediate Past President, volunteered to replace Tom Krauska (Terrific) as VP of Membership. Thank you Jim for stepping into this position.
- October 5, 2022 will be the Founder’s Day Meeting. This will be a “homecoming” type of meeting where past members will be invited to attend the meeting. The Executive Committee is looking for someone to take the lead on organizing this meeting. The lead can create a committee to help organize. Experienced Club members are available to serve on the Committee and to help organize the event. Anyone interested in organizing this meeting should contact a member of the Executive Committee
- October 26, 2022 will be the special “Halloween Open House” meeting. The focus will be to invite individuals who are not yet members, but who may be interested in joining SCTM. The Executive Committee is looking for someone to take the lead on organizing this meeting. The lead can create a committee to help organize. Experienced Club members are available to serve on the Committee and to help organize the event. Anyone interested in organizing this meeting should contact a member of the Executive Committee.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Tom Krauska (Terrific). No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The Club membership dues need to be collected by the end of September. The amount is $76.00 for the next 6 months. The payment options are cash, check or Venmo. Brent will be sending an email to all Club members with a link to the Venmo account. Please by Brent by the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. A special thank you to J.D. Perper for filling in for Rob while he was on vacation last week.
Committees: No report
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator||Susan McConnell|
|Speaker 1||Liz DeCamp|
|Speaker 2||Callie Koehr|
|Evaluator 1||J.D. Perper|
|Evaluator 2||Rob Van Winkle|
|Vote Counter||Charles Giamarino|
|AH Counter||Suzanne Janick|
|Best Table Topics||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Callie Koehr|
|Best Evaluator||Rob Van Winkle|
|Most Improved||Callie Koehr|
Word of the Day: Vibe, used 5 times
Ah Counter Report: 5 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Zoom: Nancy Alba; Brian Berman; Bill Day; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton; Arvin Elangovan; Charles Giamarino; Suzanne Janick; Alan Kirby; Callie Koehr; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Sean Sheehan; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Debbie Young
Total Member Attendance 16 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary