South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Back to School
Meeting Location: Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of August 10, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Every year the District 8 and Toastmasters International has an International Speech contest. The theme of the speeches can be on any topic. It doesn’t have to be on an international theme. There is an additional speech contest at the same time and the topic varies with each session. The theme for this session will be a Humorous Speech Contest. In January, 2023 SCTM will conduct an International Speech Contest and a Humorous Speech Contest. The winners of these speeches will advance to the District 8 contest. More information will be provided in the near future.
- Brad Adams is the winner of the District 8 speech contest for the past 2 years. Debbie Young invited him to visit SCTM to talk about his experience and to encourage Club members to participate in the upcoming contests.
VPE: Callie Koehr.
- Congratulations to Adam Fox for completing Pathways Level 1 of Presentation Mastery.
- Congratulations to Steve Burchett for completing Pathways Level 2 of Visionary Communications.
- Congratulations to Callie Koehr for completing Pathways Level 3 of Team Collaboration.
- Congratulations to Victor Mattison for completing Pathways Level 3 of Dynamic Leadership.
- The All Table Topics Meeting will be on August 31, 2022. There will be 3 sessions of Table Topics. Please plan to attend.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The Club membership dues need to be collected by the end of September. The amount is $76.00 for the next 6 months. The payment options are cash, check or Venmo. Brent will be sending an email to all Club members with a link to the Venmo account. Please by Brent by the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Committees: No report
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Charles Giamarino|
|General Evaluator||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 1||Jeff Hoehn|
|Speaker 2||Bill Day|
|Speaker 3||Brian Berman|
|Evaluator 1||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 2||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 3||Brent Stewart|
|Vote Counter||Suzanne Janick|
|AH Counter||Susan McConnell|
|Best Table Topics||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Jeff Hoehn|
|Best Evaluator||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Brian Berman|
Word of the Day: Elementary, used 4 times
Ah Counter Report: 11 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Brian Berman; Bill Day; Adam Fox; Charles Giamarino; Jeff Hoehn; Suzanne Janick; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young
- Zoom: Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton; Callie Koehr; Jim Salih; Sean Sheehan
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary