South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Divine Intervention
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of July 20, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Debbie emailed all Club members and distributed paper copies to the Club members attending the meeting tonight, copies of the “South County Toastmasters President’s Distinguished Pledge July 1, 2022 – June 30, 2023.” The purpose of this form is for all Club members to review their paths in Pathways and to commit to completing a level or levels within the next year. This will help the Club achieve the President’s Distinguished Award for the year, since the Club is required to complete a certain amount of levels in Pathways to achieve the President’s Distinguished Award. Please return this form to Debbie Young, Callie Koehr or Rob Van Winkle.
- The last meeting in August is designated as an all Table Topics meeting. Callie is coordinating this meeting. Please contact her if you are interested in serving as a Table Topics Master or assisting in another role during this meeting.
- The Toastmaster International website store has been unavailable since March or April. One of the items normally available in the TMI store is name tags. We are currently out of name tags for new members and are researching other options. We will provide name tags to new members as soon as possible.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Tom Krauska (Terrific). No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report
Committees: No report
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Sean Sheehan reviewed the SCTM website and saw a reference to current member, Howard Brandt. Since Howard has passed, Sean recommended removing this reference on the website. President, Debbie Young will edit the website as recommended.
- Tom Krauska (Terrific) received a request from Trail Heights Scouts, to have someone speak to the group. J.D. Perper volunteered. He will be addressing the Trail Heights Scouts in October on the topics of “Speech Techniques” and “Operation of a Meeting.” Debbie Young suggested offering this group the Youth Leadership program sometime in early next year. J.D. will keep this in mind to follow up.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Jim Salih|
|General Evaluator||Patrick Hunt|
|Speaker 1||Debbie Young|
|Speaker 2||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 3||Arvin Elangovan|
|Evaluator 1||Adam Fox|
|Evaluator 2||Julie Zeitler|
|Evaluator 3||Victor Mattison|
|Vote Counter||Suzanne Janick|
|AH Counter||Liz DeCamp|
|Best Table Topics||Rob Van Winkle|
|Best Speaker||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator||Victor Mattison|
|Most Improved||Arvin Elangovan|
Word of the Day: Kismet, used 14 times
Ah Counter Report: 15 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Adam Fox; Charles Giamarino; Suzanne Janick; Susan McConnell; J.D. Perper; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Arvin Elangovan; Patrick Hunt; Victor Mattison; Jim Salih; Sean Sheehan; Debbie Young
- Visitor: Trisha Bowman
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary