South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Summer Activities
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of April 27, 2022. Charles Giamarino made a motion to accept the minutes. J.D. Perper seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- Jim is waiting for a response from District 8 regarding donations of Club equipment no longer used. Some of the items are: video camera, tripod and screen.
- The Board is trying to gather all of the Club social media and email accounts with user names and passwords. Do not create any more online accounts in the name of SCTM before checking with the Executive Committee first.
- The Toastmaster and General Evaluator for each meeting need to include the President and VPE in the Turbobase email sent to the meeting participants, even when they don’t have an assigned role. This will keep everyone informed of what is planned for the meeting.
- The Nominating Committee has a full slate of officers for the upcoming term, beginning July 1, 2022. The nominated officers are: President – Debbie Young; VP Education – Callie Koehr; VP Membership – Tom Krauska; VP Public Relations – Bill Collier; Treasurer – Brent Stewart; Secretary – Susan McConnell; Sergeant-at-Arms – Rob Van Winkle; Immediate Past President – Jim Salih. All positions can have someone nominated and can run against them on the night of the election. Elections are scheduled for May 18, 2022.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. No report.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. Please “like” and share the current posts on Facebook.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. No report.
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. If you would like to be included in the Speaker’s Bureau, send Kathy a paragraph about the speech you would like to offer for the speaker’s bureau and she will add it to the website. If you send Kathy a speaker’s bureau speech, please let her know you sent it and ask her to check her email either at the meeting or by text to her cell phone. Kathy’s cell phone number and email are in Turbobase.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committees: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Brent Stewart reported that Howard Brandt was moved into hospice. His prognosis is uncertain.
- Brent also reported that Carl Hendrickson is doing well, but has other commitments on Wednesday nights that keep him from attending meetings.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Bill Day|
|General Evaluator||George Kiser|
|Speaker 1||Kathy Denton|
|Speaker 2||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 1||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 2||Victor Mattison|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Rob Van Winkle|
|Vote Counter||Callie Koehr|
|AH Counter||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Table Topics||Jim Salih|
|Best Speaker||Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Callie Koehr|
Word of the Day: Bonfire, used 4 times
Ah Counter Report: 10 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:45 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; J.D. Perper; Charles Giamarino; Rob VanWinkle; Susan McConnell; Brent Stewart; Steve Winheim; Callie Koehr; Julie Zeitler; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Bill Day; George Kiser; Victor Mattison
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Sandy Roll; Nancy Alba
- Visitors: Sunset Hills Community Center: Trish (last name ??)
- Visitors: Zoom: Chi (last name ??)
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 30
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary