South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Open
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of April 20, 2022. J.D. Perper made a motion to accept the minutes. Liz DeCamp seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- Jim will donate the SCTM video camera, tripod and other supplies to District 8 Toastmasters. This equipment can be used for District functions.
- Due to the rearrangement of the room in the Sunset Hills Community Center, speakers using PowerPoint presentations will need to move the lectern to the opposite end of the room and move the OWL closer to where the person is speaking. The PowerPoint will be displayed behind the speaker, but the computer monitor will be visible from the lectern.
- Starting next week, the person serving as timer will need to use their own phone to log into Zoom to display the green, yellow and red cards rather than holding up the cards in front of the OWL camera in the room. This will need to be set up prior to the start of the meeting.
- The Nominating Committee has a full slate of officers for the upcoming term, beginning July 1, 2022. The nominated officers are: President – Debbie Young; VP Education – Callie Koehr; VP Membership – Tom Krauska; VP Public Relations – Bill Collier; Treasurer – Brent Stewart; Secretary – Susan McConnell; Sergeant-at-Arms – Rob Van Winkle; Immediate Past President – Jim Salih.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. Jim Salih completed Level 3 of Pathways Presentation Mastery program. After his speech tonight, J.D. Perper will complete Level 5 of Pathways Presentation Mastery program.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. The first session of training for new officers will be held virtually on June 4, 2022. Make-up training will be held sometime in July. Registration will open within the next few weeks. All new officers should plan to attend.
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committees: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Salih announced the Board is trying to organize a time and location for Club members to have a meal and to play bocci ball. Locations under consideration are: Tower Tee; Milos and Mellow Mushroom. The Board will try the Mellow Mushroom location and report back to the Club.
- Bill Collier visited Howard Brandt in the hospital today. Bill reported that Howard was more alert today than he had been previously and they had a good visit. Howard would appreciate more visitors when he is released from the hospital within the next week. Bill and Brent Stewart will keep the Club members informed about Howard’s condition and when he can have visitors.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Liz DeCamp|
|General Evaluator||Bill Collier|
|Speaker 1||Rob VanWinkle|
|Speaker 2||J.D. Perper|
|Evaluator 1||Callie Koehr|
|Evaluator 2||Debbie Young|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Patrick Hunt|
|Vote Counter||Charles Giamarino|
|AH Counter||Adam Fox|
|Best Table Topics||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker||J.D. Perper|
|Best Evaluator||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Julie Zeitler|
Word of the Day: Especially, used 1 time
Ah Counter Report: 12 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:45 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; J.D. Perper; Charles Giamarino; Rob VanWinkle; Susan McConnell; Brent Stewart; Steve Winheim; Patrick Hunt; Callie Koehr; Julie Zeitler; Bill Collier
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Adam Fox; Victor Mattison; Nancy Alba
Total Member Attendance 16 out of 30
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary