South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Human Progress
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
Word of the Night: Implement
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of March 9, 2022. J.D. Perper made a motion to accept the minutes. Rob Van Winkle seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- The dues for club membership should be sent to Tom Krauska by March 23, 2022. Please send a check for $76.00 made out to South County Toastmasters. Tom’s address is: 9016 Robyn Rd., Crestwood, MO 63126. No electronic payments can be accepted at this time.
- The issues with gmail accounts being rejected in the Turbobase system has been resolved. All members are now receiving minutes through the Turbobase system.
- The Speechcraft program will begin as soon as there are 3-5 people registered. Please tell your friends about this 6 week program. The cost is $35.00 and all costs will be applied to club membership dues. Contact Jim Salih if you know anyone who is interested.
- A reminder to all members, please wait to be acknowledged by the president prior to speaking during the business portion of the meeting and at the end of the meeting. This will avoid people in the room and people on Zoom speaking at the same time. This will give everyone a chance to provide comments or to ask questions prior to the end of the meeting.
- The rental of the room at Sunset Hills Community Center is paid through June, 2022.
- The club is still working on getting included in the Sunset Hills Community Center newsletter and calendar. Victor Mattison is working with the Community Center management and will provide a report in the near future.
- Jim Salih will be proposing to the Board, the following consideration: To make Howard Brandt a lifetime member of South County Toastmasters and for his dues to be paid for out of club funds starting immediately. A motion will be presented to the club members during the meeting next week.
- Jim proposed the following: To change the announcements of the times for Table Topics, Speeches and Evaluations at the beginning of the meeting, to announcing the times at the beginning of each section (Table Topics, Speeches and Evaluations) of the meeting. This way, it would be clearer for visitors to understand and to follow. The times are announced at the beginning of each section for all contests.
- The South County Toastmasters elections should be done by the beginning of May. Toastmasters International offers club officer training in June. In order to attend the training, elections will have to be completed by this time. This is new for our club, but we need to start following this time frame.
- Thanks to everyone for wearing their nametags.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. No report.
VPM: Sandy Roll. On March 30, 2022 there will be a special meeting titled “What’s My Line?” The contestants, Debbie Young and J.D. Perper will try to fool the audience about their past experiences. If anyone else is interested in being a contestant, please contact Sandy Roll. Sandy will bring in snacks for this occasion. Please invite family and friends to this special event.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. Everyone should have received an email from the District 8 to register for the virtual trivia night on Friday, April 22, 2022 to raise money for the prison Toastmasters clubs. If you didn’t receive the email, it may be because the notifications from District 8 have been turned off on the computer or phone. Anyone is welcome to participate. All team members do not have to be members of a Toastmasters club to participate. Debbie Young is available to answer any questions.
Treasurer: Tom Terrific. No report
Secretary: Susan McConnell. No report.
Sgt at Arms: Bill Day. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. There are a few new Facebook posts. Please “like” the posts and support the club promotions through social media.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committee Reports: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Kathy Denton announced that the Mehlville Monthly, a publication for the Mehlville school district, included information about the two teachers who received the Communication Leader Awards from South County Toastmasters. Kathy Denton coordinated the Communication Leader Awards project earlier this year.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:13 pm
|Table Topics Master||Bill Collier|
|General Evaluator||Steve Winheim|
|Timer||Rob Van Winkle|
|Speaker 1||Debbie Young|
|Speaker 2||J.D. Perper|
|Evaluator 1||Jim Salih|
|Evaluator 2||Sandy Roll|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Steve Burchett|
|Vote Counter||Susan McConnell|
|AH Counter||Adam Fox|
|Best Table Topics||Rob Van Winkle|
|Best Speaker||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator||Jim Salih|
|Most Improved||Adam Fox|
Ah Counter’s Report: 10 uses of “ums” or “ahs”
Grammarian’s Report: 4 uses of the word “Implement”
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; J.D. Perper; Debbie Young; Steve Burchett; Susan McConnell; Adam Fox; Steve Winheim; Rob Van Winkle; Victor Mattison
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Sandy Roll; Alan Kirby; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Nancy Alba
- Visitors at Sunset Hills Community Center: Charles Giamarino
Total Member Attendance 15 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary