South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Live for Today
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center/Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
Word of the Night: Exuberant
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of January 19, 2022. Hearing none, the minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- A team has been working with the Sunset Hills Community Center to market the membership of South County Toastmasters. Posters and brochures are being created to distribute within the building. A special thanks to Victor Mattison for being the central SCTM contact for the Community Center and for coordinating the marketing efforts.
- Jim Salih ordered a Speechcraft bundle for use in the Speechcraft program. The bundle consists of all the materials needed to conduct the online program A Speechcraft coordinator is still needed. Jim would like to start this program soon. He would also like to have 2 Speechcraft programs completed during his term as President, which ends June 30, 2022.
- As outlined in the SCTM bylaws, any officer, except the President, is able to serve more than one consecutive term. This provision may be restrictive. Please send Jim Salih an email to state your opinion on this bylaw. He is considering proposing a change to this bylaw to allow the President to serve more than one consecutive term as outlined for all other officer positions.
- Please wear your name tag to all meetings.
- The club will start using Venmo for all electronic payments starting in April or May, when Brent Stewart returns as the active Treasurer.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. She took the officer training this week. She will be introducing some documents to the club for consideration in the near future. She thanked Debbie Young for her ongoing assistance with the meeting schedules. Please use Liz’s yahoo account, rather than her gmail account, when communicating via email.
VPM: Sandy Roll. Not present. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. He has been posting on the SCTM Facebook page. Any members with a Facebook account, please “like” the posts and forward them to your friends.
TMI Liaison: Debbie Young. She presented the following education awards:
- Steve Burchett – Pathways Visionary Communications, Level 1
- Kathy Denton – Pathways Persuasive Influence, Level 5
The Club has achieved 8 of the 10 requirements for Toastmasters Distinguished Club. The officers have attended training, so SCTM is moving towards the required points for the Toastmasters Distinguished Club status. We need 1 more new member to achieve 9 out of 10 points toward the Distinguished Club level. Let’s continue to work on improving club membership.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart, Tom Terrific. Not present. No report.
Secretary: Susan McConnell. Donations from individual club members have been collected in memory of former SCTM member Max Kaiser. The total amount is $295.00. The funds will be evenly donated to Monastery of St. Clare and St. Mary of Victories Catholic Church, per Max’s request prior to his passing. The donations will be sent out this week.
Sgt at Arms: Debbie Young. No report.
Committee Reports: No report.
- Debbie Young and Victor Mattison are coordinating the upcoming Evaluation and International Speech contests scheduled for February 9, 2022, via Zoom. All functionary roles have been filled. Contestants are needed. The first and second place winners will advance to the Area contest scheduled for February 19, 2022.
New Business: No report.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||George Kiser|
|General Evaluator||Callie Koehr|
|Speaker 1||Steve Winheim|
|Speaker 2||Bill Collier|
|Evaluator 1||Steve Burchett|
|Evaluator 2||Victor Mattison|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Patrick Hunt|
|Vote Counter||Liz DeCamp|
|AH Counter||J.D. Perper|
|Best Table Topics||Victor Mattison|
|Best Speaker||Bill Collier|
|Best Evaluator||Steve Burchett|
|Most Improved||Callie Koehr|
Ah Counter’s Report: 10 uses of crutch words
Grammarian’s Report: 10 uses of the word “Exuberant”
Meeting Adjourned: 7:45 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: J.D. Perper; Debbie Young; Steve Burchett; Steve Winheim; George Kiser; Susan McConnell; Bill Collier; Victor Mattison
- Zoom: Jim Salih; Kathy Denton; Callie Koehr; Liz DeCamp; Nancy Alba; Patrick Hunt
Total Member Attendance 14 out of 31
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary