South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||June 23, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Summer Memories|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes from 6/16/21 were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll – Announced, “We still have a contest for the district. Once we add five additional members by the end of the month, we will receive a discount and $50 gift certificate for any Toastmasters library resources. We’ve had two more members join since this contest began, so we are striving for three more.” If you know of anyone, send them our way.”
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Debbie Young announced the slate of officers for the second time. Below is the proposed slate for the next term, July-December, 2021:
- President: Patrick Hunt
- VPE: Bill Collier
- VPM: Sandy Roll
- VPPR: Liz DeCamp
- Secretary: Jim Salih
- Treasurer: Brent Stewart
- Sergeant At Arms: JD Perper
- Officer at Large: George Kiser
- George Kiser asked for a second of the slate of nominations. Rob VanWinkle seconded the slate of nominations. George announced, “We will vote on the proposed slate next week assuming we will have a quorum.”
- George Kiser opened up the floor for discussion concerning the proposed slate of officers above. There was no discussion.
- Bill Collier moved that SCTM adopt these changes to our weekly meeting roles:
- Change “Invocator/CLE” to “Invocator” and combine with “Jokemaster” so the new role would be “Invocator & Jokemaster”
- Eliminate the “Camera Operator” role.
- Eliminate the “Greeter” role.
The rationale for each change:
- The CLE is no longer needed, so SCTM can eliminate this role. Combining these two minor speaking roles allows scheduling one less person weekly.
- When giving an in-person speech, simply hand your phone to your neighbor and ask to be recorded.
- The Greeter role was needed at our old location to guide visitors to our meeting room. We no longer need a guide at Sunset Hills Community Center. Additionally, all members of SCTM routinely act as greeters and ambassadors when we have guests.
- Liz DeCamp seconded the motion. George opened up the floor for discussion.
- Kathy Denton reasoned some members may shy away from the “Invocator & Jokemaster” role because they may not be comfortable with one or the other.
- George announced, “We have a quorum and a call for a vote.”
- George announced, “The motion passes.”
|Invocator / CLE:||Callie Koehr|
|Grammarian:||Bill Collier -Word of the evening: Reminiscence|
|Time Keeper:||Liz DeCamp|
|Vote Counter:||Debbie Young|
|Ah Counter:||Bill Collier -counted 18 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||Patrick Hunt|
|Table Topics:||Patrick Hunt|
|General Evaluator:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Joke Master:||JD Perper|
|Hot Seat||James Bubash|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jim Salih||Sandy Roll|
|2||Patrick Hunt||George Kiser|
|3||JD Perper||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved:||Jeff Hoehn|
|Best Table Topics:||Keith Page|
|Best Evaluator:||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker||Jim Salih|
Meeting Rating: 9.9
Meeting Adjourned: 7:52 PM
@Zoom: Liz DeCamp, Sandy Roll, and Kathy Denton
@Sunset: Jim Salih, Bill Collier, JD Perper, Debbie Young, Patrick Hunt, Keith Page, George Kiser, Susan McConnell, Jeff Hoehn, Bill Day, Callie Koehr, Rob VanWinkle, and guests Miguel, and Adam Rosenbaum.
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more):