South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||June 2, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Shark Tank Meeting|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George stated the minutes from last week (5/26/21) have not been sent out. We will go through those at the following meeting on (06/09/21.)
- George announced, “I received a very nice report from the district after they observed our club meeting. I am going to send the report to all members. This will allow the club to see how those in higher positions view how we run our meetings.” George adds, “Always good to see we are verified by someone objective who comes in to observe what we do.”
- They found our club to be very efficient. We were very good at greeting guests and making them comfortable. Additionally, they liked the way we treated our new members and got them acclimated. They had some very good suggestions as well and think very highly of our club. I will send out an email tomorrow (06-03-21) so you can view the whole report.
VPE: Patrick Hunt—All of our goals are met, 10 out of 10. Congratulations everyone! Feel free to give non-manual speeches and not feel guilty. (until July)
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll—Sandy reminded club members that there will be a drive to increase our membership. “There is a contest going on and it is our goal to add 5 members from now until the end of June. We have one member joining today and we have a few that are interested. I believe we will meet this goal if we all participate in the drive. One way you can do so is by talking it up at your own company. Encourage your co-workers and their employees to visit us and see what it’s all about!”
Secretary: Callie Koehr
If you would like to receive an email when the minutes are posted on the SCTM website, follow these instructions:
- Click here to navigate to the SCTM website.
- Scroll down to the bottom of the page.
- Look to the left side where it says, “THANK YOU FOR FOLLOWING US.”
- Enter your email address to receive notifications of new posts to the SCTM website.
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Xialou Zheng was inducted as a new member of SCTM.
- Susan McConnell will be her mentor.
- Patrick gave a quick shout out to our brothers and sisters of arms in Area 4. All the other clubs in Area 4 are set to be distinguished by the end of June.
- JD Perper held a Memorial Day Concert and said it went well. If you did not attend and would like to watch, you can view the concert here.
|Best Table Topics:||Carl Hendrickson|
Meeting Rating: 9.7
Meeting Adjourned: 7:47 PM
@Zoom: Jim S, Liz D, Sandy R, Sean S, Bill C, Elisa W, Kathy D
@Sunset: Steve Winheim, Brent Stewart, Carl Hendrickson (past member), Howard, Keith Page, Patrick Hunt, George Kiser, Xiaolu Zheng, JD Perper, Vic Mattison, Susan McConnell
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more):