South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||May 26, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Full Moon|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s (5/19/21) meeting were approved as posted.
- The SCTM club officer roster needs to be filled. The next term will begin on July 1.
- George noted that the “Beat the Clock Membership Building Program” is currently running from May 1 to June 30, wherein if a club adds five new members by June 30 that club will win a ribbon to display on its banner, a discount of 10% off the club’s next order at Toastmasters International, and District 8 will also award $50 in bookstore bucks.
VPE: Patrick Hunt – The possibility of attracting new members might be achieved by means of a Speechcraft event. If any members have thoughts on this idea, please contact Patrick.
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll – On behalf of Sandy, George Kiser asked members to please complete and sign the Image, Picture or Depiction release form recently emailed to members by Sandy and return signed copies to Sandy.
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Jim Salih is donating a laptop for use with the Owl camera system. Jim asks that he can exchange this improved computer for the older one currently in use, a computer which he already had invested into for the sake of the club. Debbie Young made a motion that this exchange be approved by the club, and the motion was seconded by Kathy Denton. A vote was put to the club, and the exchange as proposed by Jim was met with unanimous club approval.
|Invocator / CLE:||John Cleary|
|Grammarian:||Debbie Young -word of the evening: Gravitate, used 7 times|
|Time Keeper:||Brent Stewart|
|Vote Counter:||Elisa Wong|
|Camera Operator:||John Cleary|
|Table Topics:||J.D. Perper|
|General Evaluator:||Patrick Hunt|
|Joke Master:||Patrick Hunt|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Kim Bond||Kathy Denton|
|2||Bill Collier||Susan McConnell|
|3||Nancy Alba||Liz DeCamp|
|Most Improved:||Nancy Alba|
|Best Table Topics:||John Cleary|
|Best Evaluator:||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker||Bill Collier|
Meeting Rating: 9.7
From Patrick Hunt:
- Next Wednesday, June 2, we will be having a SHARK TANK meeting. This is a new thing for us, and here are the rules. We are inviting anyone who has a product (fictional/farcical products welcomed/encouraged) or an idea that they would like to sell to a group of potential buyers – the sharks, who will serve as evaluators of the presentations – bring your best feet forward, pitch your idea to our sharks. We will have the sharks evaluate the presentations and ask the presenters questions before finally voting on which they would purchase or support. The audience will vote on best presenter/speaker as usual.
- We need speakers/presenters. We have two right now, but I am sure we have many more ideas/products waiting to be pitched. We also need volunteers to be a shark – haven’t we all wanted to be a shark at least once in our lives? Please e-mail me if you want to be a presenter or shark and cc George Kiser and Sandy Roll. We will only have 4-5 sharks at most, so let me know as soon as possible! Presenters will get up to 5 minutes to make their pitch. We will also have Table Topics after our general meeting before the games begin.
From J.D. Perper:
- J.D. will be performing a concert in the downstairs group room at AHEPA 53 apartment on Sunday night May 30 at 7PM. If you have folding chairs or the like, please bring them, since the seating is limited. The Apartment complex is across the street from the Harley Bike location on Lemay Ferry Road, just north of Lindbergh Blvd. Visitor parking is along side the entry drive as you pull in. 3607 is the 1st apartment bldg. after turning into the drive. Visitors will have to call my cell to alert me of your arrival, so that I can get the security door open. The concert is free to all and there is no preferred dress code! I welcome all to share our Memorial Day concert.
Meeting Adjourned: 7:47 PM
@Zoom: Jim Salih, Liz DeCamp, Victor Mattison, Nancy Alba, Elisa Wong, Bill Day, Rob Van Winkle, Bill Collier, and Kathy Denton
@Sunset: George Kiser, John Cleary, J.D. Perper, Debbie Young, Brent Stewart, Kim Bond, Patrick Hunt, and Susan McConnell
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more):