South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||June 9, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Day Trips Out of St.Louis|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes from 5/26/21 and 6/2/21 were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Bill Collier
- The technology committee wants to scan and store any paper document that is of historical importance. The technology committee will organize these documents into an electronic file.
- Bill states, “We are creating an online depository.”
- Members who have anything significant, should let the technology committee know.
- We are also inventorying all hardware such as computers, the OWL, and timing light. The technology committee would like to record these items on a list so we know where they are. Additionally, a list will enable items to be reserved.
- Kathy Denton notes there may be power point presentations on the “old computer.”
- Jim Salih says he changed hard drives on the computer so he may have wiped them.
- Sean Sheehan
- “We joined the Southwest Area Chamber of Commerce a little over a year ago as a way to market our club.”
- The Southwest Area Chamber of Commerce has networking events. These networking events give you the opportunity to connect with SCTM and yourself or your own business.
- Chamber Luncheon
- June 15
- 11:00 AM – 1:00 PM (lunch begins at noon)
- Thomas Jefferson School
- 4100 Lindbergh Blvd.
- St. Louis, MO 63127
- Fees/Admission: $20
- Register here.
- Chamber Women’s Group
- June 23
- 11:30 AM-1:00 PM
- Sunset Hills Community Center
- 3915 S. Lindbergh Blvd
- Sunset Hills, MO 63127
- Register here.
- Reach out to Sean Sheehan if you have any questions. Sean encourages anyone who can go, to show a presence for our club.
- Pre LI (Learning Institute) – attend to learn about being a club officer.
- June 15, 2021
- 7:00 PM – 8:00 PM (doors open at 6:30 PM)
- Members who are going to be an officer next term, will have the opportunity to attend. Members can ask any questions they may have to current or former club officers.
- Please let Patrick know if you’re interested in participating, or being a speaker.
- Patrick will send out an email regarding the Pre LI.
|Invocator / CLE:||Vic Mattison|
|Grammarian:||Liz DeCamp -word of the evening: Resbite, used 6 times|
|Time Keeper:||Vic Mattison|
|Vote Counter:||Sean Sheehan|
|Ah Counter:||Callie Koehr – counted 18 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||George Kiser|
|Table Topics:||Debbie Young|
|General Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Joke Master:||Liz DeCamp|
|Hot Seat||James Bubash|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||George Kiser||Sean Sheehan|
|2||JD Perper||Sandy Roll|
|3||Patrick Hunt||Keith Page|
|Most Improved:||John Cleary|
|Best Table Topics:||Susan McConnell|
|Best Evaluator:||John Cleary|
|Best Speaker||George Kiser|
Meeting Rating: 9.9
Meeting Adjourned: 7:52 PM
@Zoom: Liz D, Sean S, Elisa W, Kathy D, Sandy Roll, Nancy Alba
@Sunset: Jim S, Bill C, JD Perper, John Cleary, Debbie Young, Patrick Hunt, Keith Page, George Kiser, Vic Mattison, Callie Koehr
Guests, Sue and Ashley
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more):