South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||April 28, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Return to Normal|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hills Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s meeting were approved as posted.
- If your speech is 11-12 minutes long, please let the VPE, General Evaluator, and Toastmaster know the duration of your speech. This will allow for proper planning when it comes to the flow and structure of meetings.
- First week of June: We are going to have a special meeting called the “Shark Tank Meeting.” (More information will be coming soon.)
VPE: Patrick Hunt
- SCTM has completed all goals for the term. Therefore, if you would like to present a non-manual speech, feel free to do so.
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- George Kiser states, “We had a motion moved, then tabeld last week – The motion was we accept and use the new authorization for South County Toastmasters to use people’s images, pictures, and depictions, for our social media sites and any pictures we take.”
- JD motioned to take the proposal off the table.
- Patrick seconded the motion.
- George asked if there were any comments on the authorization.
- Tom Terrific comments, “How are we going to keep track of the authorization? Every six months we have new leadership, it would be nice to have one person that could keep these records.” Tom goes on to ask, “Do you respond via email or do you sign a physical piece of paper?”
- George responds, “We need to determine a way to keep the forms so we don’t lose them. I suggest the Secretary or the new committee for IT (which we are currently forming) will announce a solution over the next couple of weeks.
- George Kiser adds, “No plan has been made concerning how members will sign the authorization, however this is a matter we can discuss. The authorization is operative to be signed only once by each Toastmaster.”
- Jim Salih suggests SCTM stores the forms on the club website.
- George Kiser responds, “The IT committee or the Secretary can determine, then let everyone know how they will keep track of the forms.”
- Tom Terrific, “I’ll volunteer, if people want to send them to me, I will take care of them, scan them in, and make sure they don’t get lost.”
- The motion for the authorization was passed.
- The executive board will look into and discuss the best way to gather and store the authorization forms.
Joint Area Meeting
- Theme: Star Wars
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
- Centene Speaks will be holding the Joint Area Meeting.
- If you’re interested in participating as a speaker or any other role let Patrick know ASAP.
- Patrick sent out a calendar invite through gmail. Please reply and let Patrick know what role you’re interested in fulfilling.
- You’re also welcome to simply watch and enjoy the meeting via Zoom.
- The new timer form for SCTM was posted on the website.
- We have a new timer form, this form will include the minimum and maximum times we passed last week.
- Find the link for the new timer form here.
|Invocator / CLE:||JD Perper|
|Grammarian:||Patrick Hunt -word of the evening: Unity|
|Time Keeper:||Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter:||Sean Sheehan|
|Ah Counter:||Jim Bubash – counted 22 crutch words|
|Camera Operator:||JD Perper|
|Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|General Evaluator:||John Cleary|
|Joke Master:||Bill Collier|
|Hot Seat||George Kiser|
Speakers and Evaluators:
Speech Title: Modern Retelling
Speech Title: Let’s Get Political
|Most Improved:||John Cleary|
|Best Table Topics:||JD Perper|
|Best Evaluator:||Callie Koehr|
|Best Speaker||Kim Bond|
Meeting Rating: 9.5
Meeting Adjourned: 7:57 PM
@Zoom: Liz DeCamp, Sandy Roll, Jim Salih, Kim Bond, Sean Sheehan, Jim Bubash, Rob Van Winkle, Bill Collier, Nancy Alba
@Sunset: George Kiser, Callie Koehr, Debbie Young, Brent Stewart, Patrick Hunt, Tom Terrific, John Cleary, JD Perper, Susan McConnell, Bob Mahacek, and guests, Carl Hendrickson, Mike Morgan, Xiaolu Zheng, and Bill Day
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more):