South County Toastmasters (#1957)
|Meeting Date:||April 21, 2021|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Earth Day|
|Meeting Location:||Sunset Hill Community Center / Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||George Kiser|
President: George Kiser
- George asked if there were any changes to the minutes and hearing none, the minutes of last week’s meeting were approved as posted.
VPE: Patrick Hunt
- SCTM has completed all goals for the term. Therefore, if you would like to present a non-manual speech, feel free to do so.
Treasurer: Prathyush Viswaroopan
VPM: Kim Bond
VPPR: Sandy Roll
The SCTM Facebook page is up to 109 likes.
GOAL: hit 200 likes within the next 30 days.
Please like the SCTM Club page to help us meet our goal!
Click here to view and or like the South County Toastmasters Facebook page. 🙂
Secretary: Callie Koehr
Sergeant at Arms: Keith Page
Officer at Large: Jerry Paul
- Sean Sheehan
Sean announces, “On behalf of the public relations committee there is a networking opportunity for the club and any member who wants to go to the event and network on their own. Business owners can dual network – by doing so with their personal business as well as SCTM. Jessica Avery, who is a professional organizer, will be present as a guest speaker. Registrations are required. Let Sean Sheehan know if you’re interested and he will give you the information to register. You can also click here to register.
Networking Event – Southwest Area Chamber of Commerce: Women’s Group Luncheon
- April 28, 2021
- Mellow Mushroom – 3811 S. Lindbergh Blvd. Sunset Hills, 63127
- Outdoor seating (if weather is permitted)
- Guest speaker – Jessica Avery
- Registration required
- Sandy Roll
Sandy adds, “The club agreed to send two volunteers to these events. Both volunteers’ lunches will be covered.”
If this is something that interests you and you would like a free lunch, please reach out to Sean and Sandy.
- Sandy Roll
I have worked with George and the PR Committee to develop a new release form for publications of likenesses, pictures and images for all new members, renewal memberships, and existing members of South County Toastmasters for our social media accounts.
I would like to make a motion that the South County Toastmaster Members begin using this new form effective immediately provided the motion passes. I will be sending the form out to all members by April 24, 2021.
Sean Sheehan seconds the motion made by Sandy.
George Kiser opens the floor for discussion.
Jim Salih advises we see the form before we vote on the motion.
George Kiser states, “We will table the motion and propose the motion again next week.”
- We had a motion moved, then tabeld last week – The motion was: SCTM will establish minimum time limits for prepared speeches at club meetings.
- In order to qualify for the SCTM best speaker award the speaker’s presentation must be at least long enough to obtain the green level – 1 and 1:30 minutes prior to the speaker’s requested time. The yellow level will be established at 1 minute prior to the speaker’s requested time. The red level will be established AT the speaker’s requested time. In order to qualify for the best speaker award, a speaker must conclude his or her speech anytime after the green level is reached or within the 30 seconds after the red level is reached.
- Last week we discussed the motion, however we did not vote because there was no quorum.
- There are 5 members who have not been present at the last 4 meetings. According to our bylaws, we can subtract 5 from our club member total. SCTM now has a total of 24 members. There must be 12 members present to establish a quorum.
- There were 20 members present at the meeting, thus a quorum was established.
The minimum will be 1 – 1:30 minutes prior to requested time. Once you see the green light, you’re qualified for a prepared speech.
JD Perper called for the vote
Jim Salih seconded the vote.
George counted the votes (15-3), therefore the motion passed.
Joint Area Meeting
- Thursday, May 6, 2021
- Centene Speaks will be holding the Joint Area Meeting.
- If you’re interested in participating as a speaker or any other role let Patrick know ASAP.
- Patrick sent out a calendar invite through gmail. Please reply and let Patrick know what role you’re interested in fulfilling.
- You’re also welcome to simply watch and enjoy the meeting via Zoom.
|Invocator / CLE:||Jim Salih|
|Grammarian:||George Kiser -word of the evening: environment, used 6 times|
|Time Keeper:||Debbie Young|
|Vote Counter:||Liz DeCamp|
|Ah Counter:||Jim Salih|
|Camera Operator:||Jim Salih|
|Table Topics:||Kim Bond|
|General Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Joke Master:||Susan McConnell|
|Hot Seat||JD Perper|
Speakers and Evaluators:
Speech Title: Botanical High-Rises
Speech Title: Diet Principles That Actually Matter to Change Your Body
Speech Title: My Early Mentor’s
|Most Improved:||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Best Speaker||JD Perper|
Meeting Rating: 9.95
Meeting Adjourned: 7:57 PM
@Zoom: Liz DeCamp, Sandy Roll, Jim Salih, Kim Bond, Elisa Wong, Sean Sheehan, Vic Mattison, Nancy Alba, Kathy Denton, and guests, Kay Flanery, Amy Lemire, Xiaolu Zheng
@Sunset: George Kiser, Keith Page, JD Perper, Patrick Hunt, Tom Terrific, Jeff Hoehn, Ron VanWinkle, Debbie Young, Bill Collier, Susan McConnell, Callie Koehr, Brent Stewart
Submitted by Callie Koehr, Secretary
Attendance Streaks for 2021 (with 3 or more since March 17):