South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 3/6/19
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Spring
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Kathy Denton stated that if any TM members want their speeches recorded on her newly created spreadsheet, to let her know. She will record any speeches given including speeches given outside of the club.
- Tom Terrific reported that dues are due. Make a check for $51.00 to South County Toastmasters and get it to Tom ASAP
- Past member, Abdul Adden, rejoined the club. J. D. Perper was assigned his mentor.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Tom Terrific is giving away free seeds that attract Monarch Butterflies.
- Brent Stewart sent word that Max Kaiser is in rehab and requests prayers.
- Our area speech and evaluation contest takes place on Saturday, March 9th, Grantsview Library, 9700 Musick Ave., Saint Louis, Mo 63123, Briefings at 12:00 pm and contests at 12:30 pm. Check Google Maps or Siri for possible road closures around the library. Come out and support J.D. Perper and Bill Collier who are competing.
|Toastmaster:||Mary K Spencer|
|Invocator / CLE:||Howard Brandt|
|Time Keeper:||Bill Hurston|
|Vote Counter:||Michael McCarty|
|Ah Counter:||Anne Hartupee|
|Camera Operator:||George Kiser|
|Table Topics:||Tom Terrific|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Jim Salih|
|General Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Joke Master:||Steve Winheim|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Alex Wegmann||Geoff King|
|2||J. D. Perper||Kathy Denton|
|3||Victor Mattison||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved:||Alex Wegmann|
|Best Table Topics:||George Kiser|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Adjourned: 9.00 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||y|
Attendance: 23/ 42 members present – 55% attendance
Visitors: Lori Crawford, Eric Holler, and Victor’s daughters, Parker and Macy Mattison
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary, transcribed by Jim