South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: March 13, 2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: No theme
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- Tom Terrific – Treasurer’s Report – Tom Terrific and Victor Mattison audited the Club’s accounting books. No discrepancies were observed. We will get our club’s debit card soon.
- Kathy Denton – Proposes a rule change – Should speech times match what is used for contests? Contests allow only 30 seconds over requested time before disqualification. Current club rules allow 1 minute over requested time before disqualification. In contests, when light turns red, speaker only has 30 seconds left. Tom Terrific seconds the motion. Discussion was held. Motion carried.
- Abdul Aden joined the club. He was a guest a couple weeks ago and was a Club member a couple years ago.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jerry Paul is hosting the Toastmasters Area 17 International Speech and Evaluation Contest tomorrow, March 14th, at Grant Glaize Library located at 1010 Meramec Station Road, Manchester, Mo. 63021. Briefings begin at 6:30 pm and the contest begins at 7:00 pm.
|Invocator / CLE:||Kathy Denton|
|Time Keeper:||Alex Wegman|
|Vote Counter:||Eli Hoxha|
|Ah Counter:||Casey Hoffman|
|Camera Operator:||Krista Butler|
|Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Kathy Denton|
|General Evaluator:||Alan Kirby|
|Joke Master:||JD Perper|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Victor Mattison||Anne Hartupee|
|2||Rob Van Winkle||JD Perper|
|3||Zach Smelcer||George Kiser|
|4||Donna Jordan||Sarah Pitkin|
|Most Improved:||Zach Smelcer|
|Best Table Topics:||Bill Hurston|
|Best Evaluator:||George Kiser|
|Best Speaker:||Victor Mattison|
Meeting Rating: 10.0
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Attendance: 22/ 41 members present – 53.65% attendance
Visitors: Jackie Hart
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary, Transcribed by Sean Sheehan