South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 10-17-18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent, President
- President – Brent Stewart – Minutes approved as corrected.
- President – Brent Stewart – The Sergeant at Arms position is still open.
- President – Brent Stewart – The nominating committee for new club officers will be formed in a few weeks. Additionally, anyone interested in serving as an officer is welcome to shadow the current officers to gain an understanding of the duties entailed in any position of interest.
- Adam Kutell – Several members noted in their response to a survey conducted a few years ago that they did not like being in the cafeteria. Perhaps the club’s new location will be a feature in retaining current and future members.
- Brent Stewart – The Club has accumulated several items that are no longer being used in our meetings. Brent is currently housing everything in his office and suggested that several members may want to help in clearing out unnecessary items. Will need short term storage for the needed items. MetLife is not forcing the Club to move, but we need to keep in mind that we may be asked to move in the near future and make note of other potential meeting spts. Ideally if we attract a few MetLife employees to join the Club that may help us continue using their facilities.
- Kathy Denton – Reminded the Club that MetLife does not charge us to use the facilities and our dues may increase if we move to a location where rent is required.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Jim Salih – Reported that Tom Boyland garnered the job he wanted and credits the Club for helping him achieve the position. He accomplished his goal, but may return at some point in the future.
- Bill Collier – Jack Bettag is moving to Sherbrooke Village, a short term rehab facility, until he regains his strength. Bill suggested we give him 1 day to settle in before visiting.
- Geoff King – Toastmasters will have a booth at the Small Business Expo at the Family Arena in St. Charles on October 24th. The Expo starts at 11:00 and is free.
- Meeting Roles:
|Invocator / CLE:||Jerry Paul|
|Grammarian:||Jim Salih, word of the evening was “Fun”, which was used 7-10 times|
|Time Keeper:||Rich Puskarich|
|Vote Counter:||Steve Winheim|
|Ah Counter:||Anne Hartupee|
|Camera Operator:||Bill Collier|
|Table Topics:||Tom Terrific|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Jerry Paul|
|General Evaluator:||Alan Kirby|
|Joke Master:||Steve Winheim|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Donna Jordan||Susan McConnell|
|2||Debbie Young||Rob Van Winkle|
|3||Steve Winheim||Adam Kutell|
|Most Improved:||Donna Jordan|
|Best Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|Best Evaluator:||Adam Kutell|
|Best Speaker:||Debbie Young|
Meeting Rating: A-
Next week’s schedule: Read by Debbie Young, view the website for details.
Meeting Adjourned: 8:48 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Attendance: 21/ 35 members present – 60% attendance
Visitors: Steven Trankler, Donna Graf and Krista Butler
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary