Revised Meeting Minutes
South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 10/11/18
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme:
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Brent, President
- President – Brent Stewart – Meeting minutes approved as corrected.
- Vice President , Education – Debbie Young – Made a motion to cancel the meeting on November 21st since it’s the day before Thanksgiving. The motion was approved.
- President – Brent Stewart – Tom Boyland has decided to leave the club and we are in need of a Sergeant at Arms.
- Bill Hurston – New Membership application received for John Keith. The club voted John Keith into the club.
- Jim Bubash – Made a motion to have the Christmas Party on December 19th or 12th. If a location cannot be found for the 19th the party will be held on the 12. The motion was approved by the club.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Tom Terrific – Bill Collier has donated extra magnets for club member’s badges for member’s who may have misplaced theirs.
- Tom Terrific – The club has a video/audio cable which connects the projector or podium to the amplifier
- Bill Collier – Jack is back at home if members want to pay him a visit.
- Kathy Denton – Provided a tip for future Toastmasters. If no one responds to e-mails regarding their participation in that week’s meeting she suggested the Toastmaster try texting the scheduled participants. Everyone’s phone numbers are in Turbo Base.
- Debbie Young – Bestowed the following awards on tonight’s attendees:
- Jim Salih – Competent Communicator
- Mary Kay – Competent Leadership
- Tom Terrific – Level 1 Presentation Mastery in Pathways
|Greeter:||Rob Van Winkle|
|Invocator / CLE:||Brent Stewart|
|Grammarian:||Mary K Spencer – Word of the evening “advert”.|
|Time Keeper:||Anne Hartupee|
|Vote Counter:||Donna Jordan|
|Ah Counter:||George Kiser – 30 crutch words/phrases used during the meeting|
|Camera Operator:||Debbie Young|
|Table Topics:||Tom Terrific|
|Competent Leader Evaluator:||Brent Stewart|
|General Evaluator:||Jim Salih|
|Joke Master:||Kathy Denton|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jerry Paul||Bill Collier|
|2||Bill Hurston||John Fetter|
|3||Sandy Roll||Sandy Dickson|
|Most Improved:||Sandy Roll|
|Best Table Topics:||Sandy Dickson|
|Best Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Best Speaker:||Bill Hurston|
Meeting Rating: 9.3
Meeting Adjourned: 9:46 pm
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Attendance: 20/ 41 members present – 49% attendance
Visitors: Steven Trankler, Ryan and Mike
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary