Meeting Date: May 10, 2017
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”Mother’s Day”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
Officers’ Reports: None
Committee Reports: None
- Minutes from the last meeting, April 26, 2017, were reviewed and approved. There was no meeting last week due to inclement weather.
New Business: None
- Adam Kutell said there is a need for District support for a Pathways Guide and a Director. He is hopeful to have someone from our club step up. Any interested parties should contact Adam for more information.
- Dave Domian proposed that we form a committee to investigate options to reconfigure the room to make it better for our purposes. It was noted that we would need to put the room back as it is now configured at the end of each meeting. After a brief discussion and vote it was approved. Please contact Dave if you would like to serve on the committee.
- Susan McConnell reminded everyone that there will be a speech marathon on May 31, the last Wednesday of the month. So far she has 7 speakers but needs help in other roles including (written) evaluators, timers, vote counters, … Please contact Susan to volunteer. If she does not get the requisite help she will assign roles.
- Dave Domian invited everyone to a BBQ he and his company are hosting. The event is Sunday, May 21 from 1PM – 7PM. It will be held at Queeny Park’s Corporate Pavilion. The address is 550 Weidman, St. Louis, MO 63131. Queeny Park is about 3 miles west (and a little north) of I-270 and Manchester Road. The BBQ is to benefit MS.
- Adam Kutell shared that James Childress, the Division A Director, and also acting Area 4 Director, will be visiting our club on May 24. He is coming to learn how we’re doing and to share any suggestions for how we might improve. More information will be forthcoming between now and May 24.
- Erin Gissel continues on to the next level of the International Speech and Evaluation contest May 19-20. The event will start at 6PM Friday and will go all day on Saturday. There’s a chance that Alan Kirby may be given a speaking slot as the contestant who took first place (surely by a narrow margin) may be unable to compete. Stay tuned for more details during the next week.
|Invocator / CLE:||Phil Gawlak|
|Grammarian:||Jim Schaper “ succord“|
|Time Keeper:||Debbie Young|
|Vote Counter:||Dave Domian|
|Ah Counter:||Grace Cripps|
|Camera Operator:||Susan McConnell|
|Table Topics:||Victor Mattison|
|General Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Joke Master:||George Kiser|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||James Graves||Erin Gissel|
|2||Kate Schafroth||Geoff King|
|3||Nancy Haparimwi||Sarah Pitkin|
|4||Mary Kay Spencer||Kathy Denton|
|Most Improved:||James Graves|
|Best Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Nancy Haparimwi|
Meeting Rating: 9.2 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 8:54 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☒|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Spencer, Mary Kay||☒|
|YTD highest weekly % (January 25, 2017)||60.4%|
|YTD lowest weekly % (March 22, 2017) *||36.7%|
* Excludes contest dates
Attendance Records for 2017:
Note, the spreadsheet (via link) below includes:
- Attendance Records from January 2017 – Present by person
- Longest Current Streaks per person
- YTD Attendance ranked by attendance
- 75% Attendance List (NEW)
- Weekly Award Winners (NEW)
Attendance Streaks for 2017 (top 5 streaks with 3 or more):
|3||Spencer, Mary Kay|
75% Attendance YTD:
|Member Name||Total YTD||YTD Attendance %|
- Matt Kiser, son of George Kiser
- Sean Sheehan, guest of George Kiser, repeat visitor, attended the new member event night
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary