Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”Unsung Heroes and Heroines”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
Officers’ Reports: None
Committee Reports: None
- Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Carl announced that he had written an article for The Call regarding Toastmasters. This week there was a follow up from a former member who spoke well of Toastmasters.
- Mary Kay Spencer has asked to join the club. Having paid her dues and she was escorted from the room while club members voted. Her membership was unanimously approved. Susan McConnell was asked to serve as her mentor. Welcome Mary Kay.
- May 18 there’s a Toastmaster’s event, the Alpha Toastmaster Award Ceremony and Banquet at the Jefferson City Maximum Security Prison. The event starts at 6:00 pm. Jim Bubash has more information but if you want to go you need to let them know by this Friday. Please see Jim for more information.
- Adam Kutell offered his congratulations to Erin Gissel who won first prize and Alan Kirby who won second place at the District A contest last Saturday – April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Erin will compete in the district conference, which is May 19-20 . More information to follow as the date gets closer.
- Victor Mattison shared perspective on Susan McConnell’s standing-room-only gospel choir event last Saturday. The music and message were really spectacular. Anyone who was on the fence should consider going if there’s another such event.
- Susan McConnell – 5th weekend in May is to be a speech marathon. Adam Kutell gave a brief overview of what a speech marathon is and how the evening would work. After a brief discussion there was a motion that we have such an event on May 31. There was a vote on the motion which carried unanimously.
- Adam Kutell said there is a need for District support for a Pathways Guide and a Director. He is hopeful to have someone from our club step up. Any interested parties should contact Adam for more information.
|Invocator / CLE:||Sera Jennings|
|Grammarian:||Victor Mattison “ requisite“|
|Time Keeper:||Victor Mattison|
|Vote Counter:||Nancy Haparimwi|
|Ah Counter:||Jim Bubash|
|Camera Operator:||Gary Brown|
|Table Topics:||Susan Carrillo|
|General Evaluator:||Brent Stewart|
|Joke Master:||Sarah Pitkin|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||James Graves||Jerry Paul|
|2||Susan McConnell||Geoff King|
|3||Sera Jennings||Kate Schafroth|
|4||Tim Sullivan||Bill Collier|
|Most Improved:||James Graves|
|Best Table Topics:||Kate Schafroth|
|Best Evaluator:||Geoff King|
|Best Speaker:||Sera Jennings|
Meeting Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☐|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|YTD highest weekly % (January 25, 2017)||60.4%|
|YTD lowest weekly % (March 22, 2017) *||36.7%|
* Excludes contest dates
Attendance Records for 2017:
Note, the spreadsheet (via link) below includes:
- Attendance Records from January 2017 – Present by person
- Longest Current Streaks per person
- YTD Attendance ranked by attendance
- 75% Attendance List (NEW)
- Weekly Award Winners (NEW)
Attendance Streaks for 2017 (top 5 streaks with 3 or more):
75% Attendance YTD:
|Member Name||Total YTD||YTD Attendance %|
- Mary Kay Spencer, second time visitor, became a member during the meeting
- Ryan Richardet, repeat visitor
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary