Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”Grilled Cheese Sandwiches”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
- Adam Kutell asked all members to do a better job reviewing the schedule and being responsible to either show up to fulfill assigned roles or find a replacement. It is often a significant burden on those planning the meeting to have to scramble to fill holes, especially if the cancellation is at the last minute. Please re-double your efforts to attend or to find a replacement. A blast-based email is not usually adequate. Please check Turbobase for names, emails and numbers and reach out to someone specifically.
Committee Reports: None
- Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Sarah Pitkin reminded everyone that next week is the “Bring a Friend” event. Remember to bring food that you’ve signed up for and bring a friend. She has done
- Eric Clark has submitted an application for membership. The application was accepted and his dues were paid. Upon a motion which was seconded he was unanimously voted into SCTM. Welcome, Eric.
- May 18 there’s a Toastmaster’s event, the Alpha Toastmaster Award Ceremony and Banquet at the Jefferson City Maximum Security Prison. The event starts at 6:00 pm. Jim Bubash has more information but if you want to go you need to let them know by this Friday. Please see Jim for more information.
- Reminder – The Area 4 contest is April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Please let Tom know if you’ll be attending so he can get you onto the list which means you will not have to pay. Remember, Alan Kirby and Erin Gissel, each a winner of the recent Area 4 contest will compete.
- Humble request by your club secretary – as we are each working to improve our communication skills, please consider whether the entire club needs to receive the content of your reply email. If so, great, use REPLY ALL. If not, please do not use REPLY ALL. We’re doing much better with this but we’ve not yet eradicated the overuse of this terrible communication faux pas. Your secretary is blowing an air horn (not a gentle bell) in his office each time a club member fails to use ever-so-simple and elegant REPLY where appropriate.
|Invocator / CLE:||Jack Bettag|
|Grammarian:||Victor Mattison “Flaxen”|
|Time Keeper:||Susan Carrillo|
|Vote Counter:||James Graves|
|Ah Counter:||Ginny Foster|
|Camera Operator:||Jim Bubash|
|Table Topics:||Sarah Pitkin|
|General Evaluator:||Debbie Young|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Kathy Denton||Phil Gawlak|
|2||Jim Schaper||Erin Gissel|
|3||Gary Brown||Susan McConnell|
|4||Tom Terrific||Carl Hendrickson|
|Most Improved:||Phil Gawlak|
|Best Table Topics:||Victor Mattison|
|Best Evaluator:||Carl Hendrickson|
|Best Speaker:||Gary Brown|
Meeting Rating: 7.5 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 9:05 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☒|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Osborn II, Robert||☐|
|YTD highest weekly % (January 25, 2017)||60.4%|
|YTD lowest weekly % (March 22, 2017) *||36.7%|
* Excludes contest dates
Attendance Records and weekly award winners (NEW) for 2017: https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/1UucqdLlj8NPcvPEgkKCs0i-500xysJA8Fv9ZFdYaVnc/edit?usp=sharing
Attendance Streaks for 2017 (top 5 streaks):
75% Attendance YTD:
|Member Name||Total YTD||YTD Attendance %|
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary