Meeting Type/Theme: Tall Tales Speech Contest
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
- Please continue to remember there are a few Area 4, District 8 membership contests coming up during the balance of the 1st and 2nd quarter. We have an opportunity to earn money for the club – details here: http://www.dist8tm.org/#club_growth_incentives.
- Victor Mattison clarified a point from last week’s minutes. The International Club has suggested (not decreed) that we discontinue, or greatly reduce, the use of “…and I look forward to hearing your next speech…” at the end of our evaluations. It is believed that this is overused and therefore of diminished impact.
- Tom Terrific shared that we have 41-42 confirmed and paid renewals for the upcoming year and have about 2,400 in the bank.
Committee Reports: None
Unfinished Business: Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
New Business: None
- Reminder – Alan Kirby and Erin Gissel, each a winner of the recent Area 4 contest will compete, April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Since our club paid the $45 club fee, all club members are allowed to attend without attendance charges. A lunch will be provided.
|Contest Manager||Susan McConnell|
|Chief Judge:||Jim Salih|
|Time Keepers:||Tom Terrific and Kate Schafroth|
|Vote Counters:||Debbie Young and James Graves|
|First Place:||Carl Hendrickson|
|Second Place:||Rich Puskarich|
|Third Place||Jim Bubash|
Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☒|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Osborn II, Robert||☐|
Attendance: 16 of 49 members – 32.7% (last week – 36.7%, YTD – 48.7%)
Attendance Streaks for 2017:
13 consecutive meetings (4 tied):
- Adam Kutell
- Victor Mattison
- Susan McConnell
- Debbie Young
10 consecutive meetings:
- Kate Schafroth
8 consecutive meetings
- Kathy Denton
75% Attendance – YTD – NEW!
|Member Name||Total YTD||YTD Attendance %|
- Julius Adewunmi, member of West County Toastmasters and Competitive Speaker Club, guest of Adam Kutell
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary