Meeting Date: March 22, 2017
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”Goofing Off”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
- Please continue to remember there are a few Area 4, District 8 membership contests coming up during the balance of the 1st and 2nd quarter. We have an opportunity to earn money for the club – details here: http://www.dist8tm.org/#club_growth_incentives.
- Adam Kutell advised that there has been some direction from the International Club that we discontinue, or greatly reduce, the use of “…and I look forward to hearing your next speech…” at the end of our evaluations. It is believed that this is overused and therefore of diminished impact.
- Susan McConnell reminded us that March 29 will be the Tall Tales Contest. The speeches must be between 3-5 minutes long (confirmed in the rule book after the meeting). There are already eight speakers confirmed. All support roles are filled. Thanks! Please invite friends and guests.
Unfinished Business: Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
New Business: None
- Reminder – Alan Kirby and Erin Gissel, each a winner of the recent Area 4 contest will compete, April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Tom Terrific moved that the club pay the “all members can attend free” free of $45. This proposal was seconded and approved so all can attend without cost and enjoy what is now, truly, a free lunch – provided to all that attend.
- Adam Kutell advised that there are to be some changes to the District 8 conference schedules starting next year. In the past there was a District 8 conference in both the spring and fall. The fall conference will remain in 2017 but, thereafter, will be discontinued. There will continue to be Division A conferences in the fall, just not District 8 conferences. Spring conferences will continue for District 8.
- Susan McConnell reminded everyone that Tim Sullivan and his wife had their baby this week. She purchased a card which she asked everyone to sign. Congratulations, Tim!
|Invocator / CLE:||Steve Winnheim|
|Grammarian:||Phil Gawlak “Jupe”|
|Time Keeper:||Gary Brown|
|Vote Counter:||Debbie Young|
|Ah Counter:||Judy Sowers|
|Camera Operator:||Victor Mattison|
|Table Topics:||Kate Schafroth|
|General Evaluator:||Ginny Foster|
|Joke Master:||Victor Mattison|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Susan McConnell||Jerry Paul|
|2||Kate Schafroth||Tom Terrific|
|3||Susan Carrillo||George Kiser|
|Most Improved:||Kate Schafroth|
|Best Table Topics:||Adam Kutell|
|Best Evaluator:||Tom Terrific|
|Best Speaker:||Susan McConnell|
Meeting Rating: 9.5 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☐|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Osborn II, Robert||☐|
Attendance: 18 of 49 members – 36.7% (last week – 46.9%, YTD – 50.1%)
Attendance Streaks for 2017:
12 consecutive meetings (4 tied):
- Adam Kutell
- Victor Mattison
- Susan McConnell
- Debbie Young
9 consecutive meetings:
- Kate Schafroth
8 consecutive meetings
- Phil Gawlak
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary