Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: ”St. Patrick’s Day”
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Adam Kutell, President
- Victor Mattison, on behalf of Tom Terrific, reminded everyone that he is collecting dues now and asked everyone to pay soon. Please see Tom to get your dues ($51) paid as soon as possible
- Adam Kutell reported that there are a few Area 4, District 8 membership contests coming up during the balance of the 1st and 2nd quarter. We have an opportunity to earn money for the club – details here: http://www.dist8tm.org/#club_growth_incentives. Adam will be sending additional details shortly. The minutes of last week’s meeting incorrectly noted this as Area 8.
- Susan McConnell reminded us that March 29 will be the Tall Tales Contest. There are already a eight speakers confirmed. She is looking for a vote counter and chief judge. Please contact Susan if you can help.
- Sarah Pitkin made a motion that the “bring a guest” event be scheduled for April 19. The motion was approved. Sarah will coordinate details and food plans.
Unfinished Business: Minutes from last week’s meeting were reviewed and approved.
- Grace Crips applied for membership. Her application was reviewed. There was a motion, seconded, that she be admitted as a member. The motion was approved. Welcome Grace! Alan Kirby will serve as her mentor.
- Susan McConnell reminded us that the last week in March will be the Tall Tales Contest. There are already two speakers confirmed. She will be sending an email in the next week or two asking for speakers and help.
- Susan McConnell congratulated Alan Kirby and Erin Gissel for winning the Area 4 contest last weekend. The next competition, in which Alan and Erin will compete, is scheduled for April 22 in Ste. Genevieve. Susan will send more detail via email
- Jim Bubash, a/k/a “Junior Terrific,” reminded everyone that there are 15 members who have not yet paid. Please get these payments in.
|Invocator / CLE:||Ginny Foster|
|Grammarian:||Phil Gawlak “Slainte”|
|Time Keeper:||Kathy Denton|
|Vote Counter:||Joumana Palusci|
|Ah Counter:||Debbie Young|
|Camera Operator:||Steve Winheim|
|Table Topics:||Sera Jennings|
|General Evaluator:||Rich Puskarich|
|Joke Master:||Steve Winheim|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Jim Schaper||Alan Kirby|
|2||Geoff King||Jim Salih|
|3||Kate Schafroth||Jim Bubash|
|4||Sera Jennings||Jack Bettag|
|Most Improved:||Jim Schaper|
|Best Table Topics:||Sarah Pitkin|
|Best Evaluator:||Alan Kirby|
|Best Speaker:||Jim Schaper|
Meeting Rating: 9.3 out of 10
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 PM
|Gissel, Erin C||☐|
|Kaiser Jr, Max||☐|
|Osborn II, Robert||☐|
Attendance: 23 of 49 members – 46.9% (last week – 43.8%, YTD – 51.3%)
Attendance Streaks for 2017:
11 consecutive meetings (4 tied):
- Adam Kutell
- Victor Mattison
- Susan McConnell
- Debbie Young
8 consecutive meetings:
- Kate Schafroth
7 consecutive meetings
- Phil Gawlak
- Grace Crips, repeat visitor at the start of the meeting and member at the end of the meeting
Submitted by Victor Mattison, Secretary