South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Motivation
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the April 26, 2023, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- Next week, 5/10, and 6/14 the meeting will be held online in zoom only. Do not come to the Community Center.
VPE: Adam Fox. No Report
VPM: Susan McConnell. No report.
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No report.
Treasurer: Jim Salih.
- Jim sent out the treasurer’s financial report via email. If you have any questions contact Jim.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Jim Salih. No report.
Rob VanWinkle, member of the Nominating Committee
The nominating committee, Rob VanWinkle and J.D. Perper met, and have one more positions to fill, VP of PR. If anyone is interested, contact Rob. We’d like to have all positions filled by next week since we need to read the slate at three meetings before July and Officer training will be held June 3rd (alternate dates will be announced later). The current term goes through the end of June. The new Term will be from July 1 to Dec 31.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
Jim Salih – the May 10th and June 14th meetings will be held in zoom only.
Jim Salih – Bocce sign up cost is only $5. Jim sent out an email with full details. Here is an excerpt of the basics:
- Date: Saturday, June 10, 2023
- Time: 11:00 am to 1:00 pm
- Place: Tower Tee ( Home – Tower Tee Golf & Recreation) on Heege Road in Affton.
Jim Salih – a Joke round robin will be held the end of May. Have 4 jokes ready.
J. D. Perper – J. D,’s concert will be held Sunday, May 7 at 3 pm. The concert will be in the sanctuary of the St. John’s Lutheran Church on Jeffco Blvd. which is close to Richardson Road. The concert is free. J. D plays tuba with the band. The concert includes concert and jazz bands.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:40 pm
|Table Topics Master||Jackie Compton|
|General Evaluator||Sandy Roll – Meeting Rating 9.0|
|Speaker 1||Steve Burchett|
|Speaker 2||Herb Villaflores|
|Evaluator 1||Jim Salih|
|Evaluator 2||Samira Mujdzic|
|Vote Counter||Vicky Kolaks|
|AH Counter||Robert VanWinkle|
|Best Table Topics||Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator||Samira Mudzjic|
|Best Speaker||Steve Burchett|
|Most Improved||Samira Mudzjic|
Word of the Day: Oleaginous, used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 28 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 8:28 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Hunter Brown; Steve Burchett; Jackie Compton; Adam Fox; Callie Koehr; Vicky Kolaks; Susan McConnell; Samira Mudzjic; J.D. Perper; Kelli Richardson; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob VanWinkle; Herb Villaflores; Debbie Young;
- Zoom: Brian Berman, Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton, Sandy Roll, Julie Zeitler
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 33
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Next Week’s TM will be George Kiser and Ge will be J. D. Perper.
Submitted by Kathy Denton, Secretary