South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: The Greatest Generation, The Silent Generation, The Baby Boomer Generation, Generation X, Millennials, Generation Z, Gen Alpha: The Showndown – Can’t we all just get along?
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the April 19, 2023, meeting. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young.
- The Executive Team met earlier this week:
- Reminder that if you are the Table Topics Master, please call on members without roles before calling on anyone else. Then move on to those with smaller roles. The goal is to give everyone a chance to speak.
- We discussed having an online game night on a non-meeting night in July. Susan McConnell offered to help host the event. Please reach out to Susan if you are interested. Julie Zeitler offered to help.
VPE: Adam Fox.
- Debbie Young earned Level 1 of Visionary Communications
- Alan Kirby earned Level 1 of Presentation Mastery
- May 31st will be an All Table Topics night. Please let Adam know if you are interested in serving as one of the four Table Topics Masters.
VPM: Susan McConnell. No report.
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No report.
Treasurer: Jim Salih.
- Our May 10th and June 14th meetings will be online only due to events being hosted at the Sunset Community Center.
- Bocce Ball is scheduled for June 10th at Tower Tee. The fee is $5. Jim has already sent an email out about the event. Please see the email if you need more details.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Jim Salih. No report.
Jim Salih, Mentoring Committee
Jim reminded mentors to sit with their mentees and help them with meeting roles.
Rob VanWinkle, member of the Nominating Committee
The nominating committee, Rob VanWinkle and J.D. Perper met, and have two more positions to fill, secretary and VP of PR. If anyone is interested in those positions, see Rob or J.D.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:40 pm
|Table Topics Master||Callie Koehr|
|General Evaluator||Adam Fox|
|Speaker 1||Patrick Hunt|
|Speaker 2||Jackie Compton|
|Speaker 3||Deborah Weniger|
|Evaluator 1||Brent Stewart|
|Evaluator 2||Melissa Baldwin|
|Evaluator 3||J.D. Perper|
|Vote Counter||Steve Winheim|
|AH Counter||Hunter Brown|
|Best Table Topics||Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator||Brent Stewart|
|Best Speaker||Patrick Hunt|
|Most Improved||Patrick Hunt|
Word of the Day: Carouse, used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 22 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 8:28 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Patrick Hunt; J.D. Perper; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler; Kelli Richardson; Jackie Compton; Melissa Baldwin; Vicky Kolaks; Deborah Weniger; Herb Villaflores; Hunter Brown; Adam Fox; Rob VanWinkle; Samira Mudzjic
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Callie Koehr
Total Member Attendance 20 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Debbie Young, President
One thought on “Meeting Minutes, April 26th, 2023”
Debbie, the dates we can’t meet at Sunset are May 10 and June 14, not 15. Jim Salih(314) 706-6434 (text enabled)