South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Who Makes You Laugh?
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
Debbie informed us that the minutes of last weeks’ meeting were sent out and asked if there are any changes. Hearing none the minutes were accepted as posted.
President: Debbie Young:
- Debbie introduced Brendan Akos who presented Bill Collier and Steve Burchett with certificates and trophy’s for their wins at the Area 4 contests. The District contests will be held at the Spring conference.
- We still need a Sargeant-at-arms so Debbie asked if anyone would like to volunteer to be Sargeant-at-arms or to assist with the role. If you are interested please reach out to Debbie.
- An executive meeting will be held next Monday at 6:30 p.m.
- SCTM has earned 9 out of 10 points toward the President’s Distinguished award. All we need to achieve the 10th goal is one more Pathways Level 2 completion.
- Not discussed at this meeting but noted from prior meetings as a reminder: The 5th meeting of the month will be a Speech-a-thon on March 29th. We have 6 members who have signed up to give a speech. As previously reported: There will be no business meeting, no table topics, no oral evaluations (only written ones). Members are still encouraged to give written feedback. Adam sent an email inviting members to sign up for a speaking role or an assisting role.
VPE: Adam Fox. Adam presented Herb Villaflores certificates for completion of: Presentation Mastry Path, Leadership Development Path, and the Pathways Mentor Program.
VPM: Susan McConnell. No Report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih: No report, prior report noted below as a reminder:
- Dues are due before April 1, 2023, and by March 25th if possible. You can pay with cash, check or Venmo. The amount is $76. The fee covers from April 1 to the end of September. Jim has envelopes addressed to him to make it easy to mail a check. Contact Jim to get an envelope at a meeting.
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: Sean Sheehan asked if there is a South County Toastmasters sign we could use in photos. Debbie responded that we have one we put in the lobby to help guests find us, and that there isn’t really room to hang our banner, but she will take it under consideration.
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Sean Sheehan invited the guests to keep coming back.
Liz DeCamp informed us she may attend less in person during darkness for driving safety.
Kathy suggested we consider and discuss in the future making the room larger. Debbie said we can discuss it at the upcoming executive meeting.
Kathy also shared that Walgreens carries night vision glasses that can go over prescription glasses and make it easier to see at night and in the rain.
Suzanne Janick informed us that this will be her last meeting, as she needs to spend more time with family.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:45 pm
|Table Topics Master||Herbert Villaflores|
|General Evaluator||Bill Collier – Meeting Rating 9.5|
|Grammarian||Brian Berman – Whimsical|
|Speaker 1||Deborah Weniger|
|Speaker 2||Adam Fox|
|Speaker 3||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 1||Jackie Compton|
|Evaluator 2||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 3||Sean Sheehan|
|Vote Counter||Samira Mujdzic|
|AH Counter||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Table Topics||Steve Burchett|
|Best Evaluator||Sean Sheehan|
|Best Speaker||Adam Fox|
|Most Improved||Deborah Weniger|
Word of the Day: Whimsical used 5 times
Ah Counter Report: 3 crutch words were heard by the Ah Counter
Meeting Adjourned: 8:30 pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Hunter Brown; Steve Burchett, Bill Collier; Jackie Compton; Adam Fox; Susan McConnell; Samira Mujdzic; J. D. Perper; Herb Villaflores; Deborah Weniger; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp; Kathy Denton; Elizabeth (Liz) KilKer; Sean Sheehan;
- Visitors: Brendan Akos; Vicki Kolaks; Elana Lott, Bill Qin
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 34
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
If you have a streak count to add or that differs from one posted, contact the secretary to update the list.
Next week’s Toastmaster is to be determined. If you would like to volunteer reach out to Debbie Young. and there will be no General Evaluator since it is a speech-a-thon meeting and all evaluations will only be written not oral.