South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
Debbie informed us that the minutes of last weeks’ meeting were sent out and asked if there are any changes. Hearing none the minutes were accepted as posted.
President: Debbie Young:
- Debbie thanked Adam Fox, Rob VanWinkle and Steve Burchett for filling in for her in her absence.
- Debbie welcomed our newest member Liz Kilker.
- Charles Giamarino has had to step away from the Sargent at Arms role so Debbie asked if anyone would like to volunteer to be Sargent at arms. That role is an officer role so you will have the opportunity to attend officer meetings. If you are interested please reach out to Debbie.
- Saturday, March 11th, two members of our club competed at the Division A speech contest. Bill Collier took first place in the Humorous Contest and will advance to the District Contest. Steve Burchett took third place in the International Contest. Congratulations Bill and Steve for your excellent performance!
- SCTM has earned 9 out of 10 points toward the President’s Distinguished award. All we need to achieve the 10th goal is one more Pathways Level 2 completion.
- The 5th meeting of the month will be a Speech-a-thon on March 29th. We have 6 members who have signed up to give a speech. As previously reported: There will be no business meeting, no table topics, no oral evaluations (only written ones). Members are still encouraged to give written feedback. Adam sent an email inviting members to sign up for a speaking role or an assisting role.
VPE: Adam Fox. None
VPM: Susan McConnell. No Report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih:
- 26 of 33 members have paid their dues to renew their membership.
- Dues are due before April 1, 2023, and by March 25th if possible. You can pay with cash, check or Venmo. The amount is $76. The fee covers from April 1 to the end of September. Jim has envelopes addressed to him to make it easy to mail a check. Contact Jim to get an envelope at a meeting.
Sergeant-at-Arms: No report.
Committees: Susan McConnell and Patrick Hunt are working on planning their next meeting. Committee members need to respond to the email with their availability.
Unfinished Business: None
New Business: None
Correspondence and Announcements:
Kathy shared that her son and his wife gave Kathy and her daughter a Christmas gift of a painting class at Pinot’s Palette. It was a lot of fun and Kathy highly recommends it. They are in Webster Groves.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:45 pm
|Table Topics Master||Sean Sheehan|
|General Evaluator||Rob VanWinkle – Meeting Rating 9.2|
|Speaker 1||Melissa Baldwin|
|Speaker 2||Jackie Compton|
|Speaker 3||J. D. Perper|
|Evaluator 1||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 2||J. D. Perper|
|Evaluator 3||Kathy Denton|
|Vote Counter||Callie Koehr|
|AH Counter||Hunter Brown|
|Best Table Topics||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator||Susan McConnell|
|Best Speaker||Jackie Compton|
|Most Improved||Jackie Compton|
Word of the Day: Circumvent used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 16 crutch words were heard by the Ah Counter
Meeting Adjourned: 8:30 pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Melissa Baldwin; Hunter Brown; Bill Collier; Jackie Compton; Kathy Denton; Jeff Hoehn; George Kiser; Susan McConnell; J. D. Perper; Jim Salih; Rob VanWinkle; Deborah Weniger; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Steve Burchett; Liz DeCamp; Patrick Hunt; Elizabeth (Liz) KilKer; Callie Koehr; Victor Mattison; Sean Sheehan;
- Visitors: Vicki Collet; Brian Ettling; Mike Nichols; Kelly Richardson
Total Member Attendance 21 out of 34
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
If you have a streak count to add or that differs from one posted, contact the secretary to update the list.
Next week’s Toastmaster is Steve Winheim and GE is Bill Collier.