South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Marching Towards Goals
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:30 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young informed us that the minutes were not sent out last week. Next week we will review two week’s meetings, this week and last.
President: Debbie Young
- The room has been rearranged so we can fit more people in without people being under the presentation screen.
- New members are assigned a mentor, but all members are encouraged to help the new members learn and progress.
- Bill Collier won 1st place in the Humorous Speech contest. Steve Burchett won 1st place in the International Speech Contest (area level). They will both go on to the Division Contest which will be held March 11, which is a Saturday. The link to register for the Division Contest is: https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZwpcuypqj4oG9A_s7_U9Y2j5EUCL5t915u0
VPE: Adam Fox. Debbie reported on behalf of Adam Fox that the 5th meeting of the month will be a Speech-a-thon. There will be no business meeting, no table topics, no oral evaluations (only written ones). Members are still encouraged to give written feedback. Adam will send an email inviting members to sign up for a speaking role or an assisting role.
VPM: Susan McConnell. No Report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih: Debbie reported on behalf of Jim Salih:
- Dues are due before April 1, 2023, and by March 25th if possible. You can pay with cash, check or Venmo. The amount is $76. The fee covers from April 1 to the end of September.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Charles Giamarino. No report.
Committees: No Reports
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None.
Correspondence and Announcements:
J.D.’s Quintet is doing well and there will be a concert coming up.
Sean encouraged Vicki to come back often.
Sean will get his award from George Kiser.
Susan signed up for the camp over Memorial Day weekend again.
J. D. asked that we turn in the forms he provided once filled out.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:45 pm
|Table Topics Master||J. D. Perper|
|General Evaluator||Charles Giamarino – Meeting Rating|
|Speaker 1||Susan McConnell|
|Speaker 2||Victor Mattison|
|Speaker 3||Herb Villaflores|
|Evaluator 1||George Kiser|
|Evaluator 2||Liz DeCamp|
|Evaluator 3||Herb Villaflores|
|Vote Counter||Deborah Weniger|
|AH Counter||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics||Sean Sheehan|
|Best Evaluator||Sean Sheehan|
|Best Speaker||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved||Herb Villaflores|
Word of the Day: Farce used 6 times
Ah Counter Report: 12 crutch words were heard by the Ah Counter
Meeting Adjourned: 8:30pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Hunter Brown; Steve Burchett; Kathy Denton; Herb Dillaflores; Charles Giamarino; George Kiser; Callie Koehr; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; J. D. Perper; Rob VanWinkle; Deborah Weniger; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young;
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Jackie Compton; Liz DeCamp; Sean Sheehan
- Visitors: Vicki Collet; Elizabeth (Liz) KilKer
Total Member Attendance 19 out of 34
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
If you have a streak count to add or that differs from one posted, contact the secretary to update the list.
Next week’s Toastmaster is Jim Salih and GE is Suzanne Janick.