The secretary was not in attendance.
Meeting Minutes were provided by Debbie Young.
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the February 15, 2023, meeting. No changes heard, the minutes were approved as posted.
President: Debbie Young
- Last week we tried to do a vote to change the club hours. Debbie has sent out a document to everyone with the suggested Roberts Rules of Order script so everyone is fairly represented and has an option to say what they wish. We will tackle that in the new business portion of the meeting. Hopefully this will equally represent everybody since we now have a better understanding of how it works.
- The President’s Distinguished plan – Our club is always working toward 10 distinguished club points in the District and I [Debbie] am proud to announce that we have made 9 of the 10 points. We are almost at Presidents Distinguished. Almost because we need to renew at least 20 club members for this upcoming new season. After we do the renewals we will officially get that President’s Distinguished. And to get that 10th point we need two people to finish level 2 awards. We have quite a few members in the club that are closed to that. So Congratulations to all of you.
VPE: Adam Fox – Two members have earned awards.
The First is a Certificate of Completion to Kathy Denton for completing Level 1 of Motivational Strategies.
The second one is a Certificate of Proficiency to J. D. Perper for successful completion of the Innovation Planning Path.
Adam also reported that he put out the schedules for March. Also we will have a special meeting for the 29th. More information on that will be provided next week.
Treasurer: Jim Salih:
- Jim has received 7 renewals. Dues are due before April 1, 2023, and Jim would like to receive them by March 27th at the latest. You can pay with cash, check or Venmo (@southcountyTM). The amount is $76. The fee covers from April 1 to the end of September. Jim will not be at the next two meetings. Jim suggested waiting until March 6 or 7th if you plan to send a check in the mail.
No other Officer reports.
Committee Reports: None
Unfinished Business: None
Vic made a motion that the time of the meeting changes from 6:00 – 8:00 to 6:30 – 8:30 pm. George Kiser seconded the motion. After discussion a vote was taken and those in favor were in the majority, so starting 3/1/2023 the meetings will start at 6:30 and end at 8:30. Debbie will send out an email. The web site will also need updated. The link previously sent for the meeting will continue to work.
Correspondence and Announcements: Jim Salih said he will see us in a couple weeks.
The Agenda was provided by Bill Collier:
South County Toastmasters
Meeting Agenda – February 22, 2023
Theme: “Presidents Day”
6:00 Open Meeting Charles Giamarino, Sgt. at Arms
George Kiser, Invocation
6:05 Business Meeting Debbie Young, President
6:15 Introductions and Program Bill Collier, Toastmaster
- Grammarian – Patrick Hunt
- Ah Counter – JD Perper
- Timer – Brian Berman
- Vote Counter – Samira Mujdzic
6:20 Table Topics: Adam Fox, Table Topics Master
Vote for Best Table Topics
6:40 Ten Minute Break
6:50 Speeches and Evaluator Assignments:
– Steve Burchett
– Vic Mattison
– Debra Weninger
– Liz DeCamp
– Debbie Young
– Melissa Baldwin
Timer’s Report (Speakers) – Brian Berman; Vote for Best Speaker
7:20 General Evaluation: Susan McConnell, General Evaluator
Speaker Evaluations – As assigned above
- Timer’s Report (Evaluations) – Brian Berman
- Grammarian’s Report – Patrick Hunt
- Ah Counter’s Report – JD Perper
- Timer’s Report (General) – Brian Berman
Evaluation of the Meeting: Susan McConnell, General Evaluator
Vote for Best Evaluator
Susan McConnell, General Evaluator
Vote for Most Improved
7:40 Time to Laugh George Kiser, Jokemaster
7:50 Presentation of Awards Bill Collier, Toastmaster
7:55 Closing Remarks Debbie Young, President
8:00 Meeting Adjourns
Following are the attendees:
Sean Sheehan – Zoom
Adam Fox – Zoom
Patrick Hunt – Zoom
Liz DeCamp – Zoom
Brian Berman – Zoom
Julie Zeitler – Zoom
Best Speech: Victor Mattison
Most Improved: Deborah Weniger
Best Evaluator: Melissa Baldwin
Best Table Topics: Samira Mujdzic