South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the minutes from the February 1, 2023, meeting. Debbie had sent some edits that Kathy applied. The minutes were approved as updated.
President: Debbie Young
- The Community Center is extending their hours to 9 pm. Debbie sent out a survey. Next week we will vote on if we want to keep our meeting time at 6 – 8 pm, or move it to 6:30 – 8:30 pm. Survey responses were emailed today around 4 pm. Look over the responses and next week we will discuss and vote.
VPE: Adam Fox. No Report
VPM: Susan McConnell. No Report
VPPR: Patrick Hunt. No Report
Treasurer: Jim Salih:
- Dues are due before April 1, 2023, and by March 25th if possible. You can pay with cash, check or Venmo. The amount is $76. The fee covers from April 1 to the end of September.
- The club is seeking mentors. Mentors assist new members but you will also get assistance from other members. Contact Jim if you would like to be added to the Mentors list.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Charles Giamarino. No report.
Committees: No Reports
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: Herb Dillaflores was inducted into the club as a new member. Please welcome and assist Herb.
Correspondence and Announcements:
Our Area contest will be held on Saturday February 11th. It opens at 8:30. Check the link to register to attend. https://us02web.zoom.us/meeting/register/tZIodOmprD4vGt1YYPwYNxy-dOQy_w01M748
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:11 pm
|Table Topics Master||Jeff Hoehn|
|General Evaluator||Steve Burchett – Meeting Rating 9.6|
|Speaker 1||Susan Janick|
|Speaker 2||Jackie Compton|
|Speaker 3||Debbie Young|
|Evaluator 1||Brian Berman|
|Evaluator 2||J. D. Perper|
|Evaluator 3||Sandy Roll|
|Invocator/Jokemaster||Victor Mattison / Susan McConnell|
|Vote Counter||Adam Fox|
|AH Counter||Julie Zeitler|
|Best Table Topics||Herb Dillaflores|
|Best Evaluator||Sandy Roll|
|Best Speaker||Jackie Compton|
|Most Improved||Jackie Compton|
Word of the Day: Pivot used 14 times
Ah Counter Report: 3 crutch words were heard by the Ah Counter
Meeting Adjourned: 8:00 pm
Sunset Hills Community Center: Steve Burchett; Jackie Compton; Herb Dillaflores (joined tonight), Adam Fox; Suzanne Janick; Victor Mattison; Susan McConnell; Samira Mujdzic; J.D. Perper; Deborah Weniger; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Brian Berman; Kathy Denton; Jeff Hoehn, Sandy Roll, Jim Salih
- Visitors: Vicki Collet, , Elizabeth (Liz) KilKer
Total Member Attendance 17 out of 33
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
If you have a streak count to add or that differs from one posted, contact the secretary to update the list.
Next week’s Toastmaster is J. D. Perper and GE is Debbie Young.