South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: America’s Pastimes
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young
President Debbie Young stated the minutes of last week’s meeting were not sent out this week. The minutes of the October 26, 2022 meeting will be approved next week..
President: Debbie Young.
- The Club members are interested in having a holiday party. Anyone interested in chairing a committee to organize the party, please see Debbie Young.
- The Toastmaster International store on the website is now open. VP of Membership, Jim Salih, will order name tags for all new members. Debbie will let him know how many name tags he needs to order. He will also order extra name tags to be stored with the SCTM supplies.
- There will be a meeting of the Executive Committee next Monday, November 14, 2022, at 6:00 PM. Debbie will send a reminder email with the Zoom link.
VPE: Callie Koehr. No report.
VPM: Jim Salih. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. No report.
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle. No report.
Rob Van Winkle, chairman of the Nominating Committee, gave a report. This committee is working on filling the officer roles for the next term, January – June 2023. Debbie Young has offered to continue as President. Anyone else who is interested in being nominated for this role should contact Rob Van Winkle. The committee is still looking for members to fill the following roles: VP Public Relations; VP Education; Secretary and Sergeant-at-Arms. Please contact Rob Van Winkle if there are any questions.
Unfinished Business: None
New Businesss: None
Correspondence and Announcements: None
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Melissa Baldwin|
|General Evaluator||Liz DeCamp|
|Grammarian||Rob Van Winkle|
|Speaker 1||Brent Stewart|
|Speaker 2||Steve Burchett|
|Evaluator 1||Victor Mattison|
|Evaluator 2||Adam Fox|
|Vote Counter||Debbie Young|
|AH Counter||Suzanne Janick|
|Best Table Topics||Jim Salih|
|Best Evaluator||Victor Mattison|
|Best Speaker||Steve Burchett|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Pastime, used 5 times
Ah Counter Report: 16 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Nancy Alba; Steve Burchett; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Adam Fox; Charles Giamarino; Suzanne Janick; George Kiser; Victor Mattison; Jim Salih; Brent Stewart; Rob Van Winkle; Steve Winheim; Debbie Young; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Melissa Baldwin; Brian Berman; Liz DeCamp
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
|8||Rob Van Winkle|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary