South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: This Day in History
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of June 8, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- Carl Hendrickson will install our new officers on July 6.
- Since parking was so difficult at our last club meeting due to the market being held on the SHCC grounds, the club consensus was that we should have ZOOM ONLY meetings when SHCC holds their July 13 and August 10 markets, and that is what we will do. We will also save the cost of room rental on those two nights. Brent will take care of making sure that we are not charged for those two nights.
- Fun Day is coming June 18, at Tower Tee. Check out all of the possibilities at towertee.com. I will be collecting $10 from all Bocce participants starting at the Wednesday meeting.
- Steve Burchett is looking for possible playing partners for the Par 3 course. Contact Steve B directly.
- SCTM has been included in the last two SHCC newsletters and Vic is working on getting us included on their monthly calendar.
- The Howard Brandt memorial committee of Brent, Bill C, Steve, and Carl will be working on how to best honor Howard. They will have a meeting on June 15.
- Our Venmo account will be available by our next dues payment date.
- We now have at least two contacts or ways of retrieving all SCTM internet accounts instead of just having Tom as the only contact.
- The microphone performance has improved on Zoom according to comments from two members since we tweaked our Zoom audio settings.
- TMI website is still erratic and, so please be patient with it.
- Thanks to Sandy Roll and Liz Decamp for serving as officers over multiple terms. You both have done great jobs.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. When there are 5 Wednesdays in a month, Liz suggested that the Club think of doing something different besides the regular speaking meeting. Another Club that Liz belonged to would periodically play the game “Two Truths and a Lie.” This game provided an opportunity for the Club members to get to know each other in a different way besides the traditional meetings. This will be considered by the SCTM Board in the future.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. No report
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. No report.
Treasurer: Brent Stewart. The treasurer’s report has been uploaded onto the SCTM Google account and has been shared with all members. The total amount in the account is $2,368.70.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committees: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements: No report.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Brent Stewart|
|General Evaluator||Adam Fox|
|Timer||Rob Van Winkle|
|Speaker 1||Steve Burchett|
|Speaker 2||Steve Winheim|
|Speaker 3||Arvin Elangovan|
|Evaluator 1||Jim Salih|
|Evaluator 2||J.D. Perper|
|Evaluator 3||Debbie Young|
|Vote Counter||Jeff Hoehn|
|AH Counter||Patrick Hunt|
|Best Table Topics||Debbie Young|
|Best Speaker||Steve Burchett|
|Best Evaluator||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Arvin Elangovan|
Word of the Day: Monsterful, used 10 times
Ah Counter Report: 23 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned:7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; J.D. Perper; Susan McConnell; Steve Winheim; Brent Stewart; Adam Fox; Kathy Denton; Bill Collier; Patrick Hunt; Jeff Hoehn; Steve Burchett; Rob Van Winkle; Julie Zeitler
- Zoom: Victor Mattison; Arvin Elangovan; Sean Sheehan; Nancy Alba; Liz DeCamp
- Visitors: Sunset Hills Community Center: Brian Berman; Carl Hendrickson
Total Member Attendance 19 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary