South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: On the Water
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of May 11, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih
1. The executive committee will continue discussing a long-term type memorial for Howard Brandt. Please send any additional ideas to Jim Salih, the President.
2. Jim emailed a new article about the Club to the Call newspapers but do not know if it will be published.
3. There are three things Jim would like to see accomplished before the end of his term:
a. Our finances online for all members to see in view only mode. This is in process.
b. Some form of electronic payment. This is in process.
c. An audit of our web and social media accounts with all login information in a spreadsheet form. We need to corral them all so we know what we have out there. Also, to delete any unused accounts.
4. The social events calendar has been published and is available on our website southcountytoastmasters.org. We just need to fill it in as we go along.
5. Sandy will announce the Club plans for the Bocce fun day.
6. Any Speechcraft program will be put off until the next term.
7. Members need to remember to speak up loudly or move in closer to the OWL so your voice will be heard by those on Zoom.
8. Remember to wear your name tags so newer members and guests aren’t shy about calling you by the wrong name.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. J.D. Perper completed Level 4 of the Pathways Presentation Mastery program. Kathy Denton completed the entire Pathways Persuasive Influence program. Congratulations to J.D. and Kathy.
Liz is experiencing some trouble with sending emails to Gmail accounts from Turbobase. Liz emailed the June schedules to all gmail users through her personal, Yahoo account. Please contact Liz if there are any questions.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. The Facebook posts about Howard Brandt’s passing have received much attention. Information about the upcoming Bocce social event will be posted on Facebook. Continue to “like” and to share the SCTM Facebook posts.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. District 8 officer training is scheduled for June 4, 2022. This is a day of training for new officers. All newly elected officers are encouraged to attend this training. There are also electives offered for all Toastmaster members. Steve Burchett will lead a session on “Creativity.” Jim Salih will lead the training session for the role of President. The link to register for the training is here: https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1FAIpQLSfSFGvGMGxg03PtRvUrJ2Cw_Ju-B03PLDzT3iHxdA9FKwIDtw/viewform. Registration is free and members can attend as many or as few of the sessions as they wish.
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. No report.
- The SCTM members reviewed the membership application for Art Schoenberger. A motion was made by Rob Van Winkle and seconded by Charles Giamarino to accept the application for membership from Art Schoenberger. The motion passed unanimously. The SCTM members inducted Art Schoenberger into the Club as a new member. Brent Stewart will serve as his mentor.
- A motion was made by Tom Terrific and seconded by J.D. Perper to conduct an election of officers for next term. Tom Terrific made a motion to announce the slate of officers for next term. The motion was seconded by Jim Salih. The following slate of officers was read by Jim Salih:
President – Debbie Young
Vice President of Education: Callie Koehr
Vice President of Memberhip: Tom Krauska (Terrific)
Vice President Public Relations: Bill Collier
Treasurer: Brent Stewart
Secretary: Susan McConnell
Sergeant-at-Arms: Rob Van Winkle
Immediate Past President: Jim Salih
A motion was made by Jim Salih and was seconded by Tom Terrific, to accept the slate unanimously. The motion carried.
Committees: No report.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Rob Van Winkle connected with some international Toastmasters Clubs through his work at Emerson Electric. Rob was in contact with the speech contest winner in Korea, who will compete in the Korean regional speech contest. Rob shared the link for the SCTM website with the international clubs associated with Emerson Electric.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:20 pm
|Table Topics Master||Tom Terrific|
|General Evaluator||Rob Van Winkle|
|Speaker 1||Debbie Young|
|Speaker 2||Charles Giamarino|
|Speaker 3||Arvin Elangovan|
|Evaluator 1||George Kiser|
|Evaluator 2||Susan McConnell|
|Evaluator 3||Jim Salih|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Bill Collier|
|Vote Counter||Steve Winheim|
|AH Counter||Callie Koehr|
|Best Table Topics||J.D. Perper|
|Best Speaker||Debbie Young|
|Best Evaluator||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved||Charles Giamarino|
Word of the Day: Tranquil, used 8 times
Ah Counter Report: 12 uses of crutch words
Meeting Adjourned: 7:55 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; J.D. Perper; Charles Giamarino; Rob VanWinkle; Susan McConnell; Steve Winheim; Callie Koehr; Bill Collier; George Kiser; Patrick Hunt; Tom Terrific; Steve Burchett
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Nancy Alba; Julie Zeitler; Sean Sheehan; Alan Kirby; Arvin Elangovan; Kathy Denton; Adam Fox
- Visitors: Sunset Hills Community Center: Art Schoenberger
Total Member Attendance 18 out of 30
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary