South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Titanic
Meeting Location: Sunset Hills Community Center and Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of April 6, 2022. J.D. Perper made a motion to accept the minutes. Liz DeCamp seconded the motion. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- Tom Terrific, aka Tom Krauska, has secured a free Camera Pro account for SCTM. This is available for use by the Club at any time.
- The person serving in the role as timer will explain the timing procedures for Table Topics, Speeches and Evaluations before each of these sections of the meeting, rather than at the beginning of the meeting when the timer is introduced, and the role is explained.
- Jim encouraged all Club members to record their speeches using their cell phones or the Owl device in the room. It is good practice to review recorded speeches for self-evaluation and to find areas for improvement.
- Beginning in October, the Club will have to start paying for a Zoom account. A half-price pro-account is available through District 8 and SCTM may be able to share the cost with another club. The annual fee would be $37.50 if the account is shared with another club.
- The District 8 virtual conference is scheduled for April 22-23, 2022. Anyone interested in registering for the trivia night fundraiser for the prison clubs, the link to register is: https://dist8tm.org/trivia-night-roberts-drummond-inmate-scholarship-fund/. Members interested in participating in the trivia night, but are not part of an existing team, will be assigned to a team when they register. There is a charge for trivia night participation. Anyone interested in attending the conference, the link to register is: https://dist8tm.org/wp-store-locator/conferences/. Many educational programs are offered throughout the day on Saturday, April 23rd, all free of charge. Full day participation is not required.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. No report.
VPM: Sandy Roll. No report.
VPPR: Bill Collier. No report.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. No report.
Speakers Bureau: Kathy Denton. No report.
Treasurer: Tom Terrific. No report.
Secretary: Susan McConnell. No report.
Sgt at Arms: Bill Day. No report.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committees: The Election Committee has 5 of the 7 positions slated for the next term. The 2 open positions should be filled soon. This Committee is ahead of schedule. The SCTM members may receive emails from the Committee asking for participation on the Board for next term.
Correspondence and Announcements: Debbie Young reported that the Executive Board decided to rearrange the room at Sunset Hills Community Center. She explained that some of the members commented when speaking at the lectern it was awkward to have their backs to the members participating in the meeting via Zoom. To address this issue, the lectern was moved to the opposite end of the room, so all speakers face the in-person and Zoom participants. Comments are welcome.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Table Topics Master||Victor Mattison|
|General Evaluator||J.D. Perper|
|Speaker 1||Jeff Hoehn|
|Speaker 2||Arvin Elangovan|
|Evaluator 1||Steve Burchett|
|Evaluator 2||Adam Fox|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Debbie Young|
|Vote Counter||Patrick Hunt|
|AH Counter||Rob VanWinkle|
|Best Table Topics||Amy Lamb|
|Best Speaker||Arvin Elangovan|
|Best Evaluator||Adam Fox|
|Most Improved||Arvin Elangovan|
Word of the Day: Advantageous
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: Jim Salih; Debbie Young; J.D. Perper; Charles Giamarino; Bill Day; Jeff Hoehn; Steve Burchett; Rob VanWinkle
- Zoom: Liz DeCamp; Arvin Elangovan; George Kiser; Adam Fox; Patrick Hunt; Victor Mattison
- Visitors at Sunset Hills Community Center: Julie Zeitler; Art Schoenberger; Amy Lamb
- Visitors on Zoom: Andrew Marcus
Total Member Attendance 14 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary