South County Toastmasters Club 1957
Meeting Type/Theme: Spring Has Sprung
Meeting Location: Zoom
Call to Order: 6:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Jim Salih
Word of the Night: Vernal
President Jim Salih asked if there were any corrections or additions to be made to the meeting minutes of February 23, 2022. The minutes were approved as posted.
President: Jim Salih:
- The Division A contest is scheduled for March 4, 2022. The contest starts at 1:00 PM. Briefings start at 12:45 PM for all judges. Jim Salih will be representing SCTM in the Evaluation contest. Please contact Jim Salih or Patrick Hunt for the registration link, if you are interested in attending the contest. It will be on Zoom only.
- The SCTM Executive Committee meeting is scheduled for March 8, 2022. A Zoom link invitation will be sent to all members of the Executive Committee.
- The dues for club membership should be sent to Tom Krauska by March 23, 2022. Please send a check for $76.00 made out to South County Toastmasters. Tom’s address is: 9016 Robyn Rd., Crestwood, MO 63126. No electronic payments can be accepted at this time.
- Jim Salih and Debbie Young are updating the SouthCountyToastmasters.org website. This should be done within the next few weeks.
- Jim Salih is still waiting for a response from The Webster/Kirkwood Times about publishing an article he wrote about SCTM. Jim will coordinate with Liz DeCamp regarding another suggestion for publication.
- Jim Salih presented the following revision to the bylaws:
“Starting on July 1, 2022 the president shall be eligible to run and to serve as president for two successive 6 month terms after which there must be a break in service of one full 6 month term before running again. Serving a partial term of 3 months or less does not count as one of the two successive terms. The other officers can run for an unlimited amount of successive terms.”
The term limit for president is outlined by Toastmasters International. The members will vote on the revision during the meeting next week.
VPE: Liz DeCamp. Liz has researched SEO (Search Engine Organization) for optimization on computer searches. The articles or blogs that appear the highest on searches are usually from LinkedIn. Please let Liz know if you are interested in writing an article or blog to post on LinkedIn. She can assist as needed. Posting articles could help build club membership.
VPM: Sandy Roll.
- The combined PR/Membership Committee would like to post photos from SCTM meetings on the website and on social media. Susan McConnell and Steve Burchett will start taking photos during meetings while at Sunset Hills Community Center. Individual faces will be blurred out to avoid issues with those members who do not want to have their photos posted.
- The special “What’s My Line” meeting is scheduled for March 30, 2022. Some panelists are still needed to participate. Sandy is contacting former members to invite them to this special event. Please invite visitors to attend. Sandy will bring in snacks for the occasion.
- The Club needs 1 more member to reach the “President’s Distinguished” level for this term.
VPPR: Bill Collier. Bill and Steve Burchett are working to promote the Club on Facebook. Right now they are focusing on promoting the Speechcraft program. At this point the Speechcraft program will be rescheduled for another time whenl more people are signed up to participate.
TMI Coordinator/Liaison: Debbie Young. No report.
Speakers Bureau Coordinator: Kathy Denton. Anyone interested in speaking outside of the Club, please send Kathy a paragraph long explanation of the topic in which you would like to speak. Kathy will post it on the SCTM website for everyone to view. Groups viewing the Speakers Bureau section of the SCTM website can invite a SCTM member to speak to their organization. This is an excellent opportunity to practice speaking to different audiences and to improve your speaking skills.
Secretary: Susan McConnell. No report.
Sgt at Arms: Bill Day. No report.
Old Business: No report.
New Business: No report.
Committee Reports: Rob Van Winkle gave a report of the Technology Committee. There are multiple Google Docs accounts on which various SCTM documents are stored. The Technology Committee is working on consolidating these accounts into just one account. Tom Krauska and Bill Collier should be able to assist with collecting information from the various accounts.
Business Meeting Adjourned 6:15 pm
|Toastmaster||Rob Van Winkle|
|Table Topics Master||J.D. Perper|
|General Evaluator||Patrick Hunt|
|Speaker 1||Jim Salih|
|Speaker 2||Steve Burchett|
|Evaluator 1||Sean Sheehan|
|Evaluator 2||Victor Mattison|
|Invocator & Jokemaster||Liz DeCamp|
|Vote Counter||Kathy Denton|
|AH Counter||Debbie Young|
|Best Table Topics||Kathy Denton|
|Best Speaker||Steve Burchett|
|Best Evaluator||Sean Sheehan|
|Most Improved||Adam Fox|
Ah Counter’s Report: 9 uses of “ums” or “ahs”
Grammarian’s Report: 7 uses of the word “Vernal”
Meeting Adjourned: 7:50 pm
- Sunset Hills Community Center: J.D. Perper; Debbie Young; Steve Burchett; Susan McConnell; Adam Fox; Steve Winheim; Rob Van Winkle.
- Zoom: Jim Salih; Liz DeCamp; Nancy Alba; Sean Sheehan; Sandy Roll; Bill Collier; Kathy Denton; Patrick Hunt; Victor Mattison.
Total Member Attendance 16 out of 29
|Streak||Attendance (5 or more in a row):|
Submitted by Susan McConnell, Secretary