Meeting Minutes South County Toastmasters (#1957) – August 26, 2020
|Meeting Date:||August 26, 2020|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Regular Meeting – Theme: Relationships|
|Meeting Location:||Hybrid Meeting – Some attending in person at the Sunset Hills Community Center, Some attending via Zoom|
|Called to Order:||6:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Jerry Paul|
|Submitted By:||Kathy Denton, Secretary|
- President – Jerry Paul –
- Minutes of the August 19 meeting were sent out, hearing no change requests they were approved as sent and posted.
- VPE – Kat Higashino –
- Jackie Haar completed Pathways Team Collaboration Level 1. Congratulations Jackie!!! Secretary note: This is even more significant since Jackie is not able to attend every week. Good job of making your weeks count!
- The club has achieved 7 credits in July so we are off to a good start toward President’s Distinguished for the new year that started July 1.
- The 5th week of September will be a meeting to allow members to progress in Pathways. She needs more helpers and for members to bring guests. Contact Kat if you would like to volunteer.
- VPM – Brent Stewart
- VP-PR – Partick Hunt (See Committee Reports)
- Secretary – Kathy Denton
- Treasurer – Kim Bond
- Dues of $76 are due by September 15th. Either bring your payment to a meeting in person and give it to Jerry Paul, or mail it to the address Kim Bond sent us in an email. Contact Kim Bond with any questions.
- Sergeant at Arms – Jim Salih
- Officer at Large – Susan McConnell
- President – Jerry Paul –
- Golf Outing Committee – George Kiser informed us the Golf outing will be held October 10th, 2020 at the Riverside Course in Fenton, Missouri. You can do 18 or 9 holes, and teams may be 4 or 2 people. Contact George Kiser or Bill Collier with questions or to let them know if you plan to come and how many guests you will bring.
- Public Relations Committee – Patrick Hunt reported:
- If you are interested in having a photo taken for LinkedIn, contact Patrick. We aren’t sure when we will take them yet.
- To expand our presence on LinkedIn, we need help with creating a banner for our LinkedIn page. If you have experience with that and would like to help contact Patrick.
- The PR Committee is also reaching out through the Sunset Hills Chamber of Commerce and we hope to gain new members through this outreach program.
- Debbie Young reported that the District 8 zoom training will be held this Saturday at 10 am. Here is the link to register: https://dist8tm.org/training/
- Kat announced that the Toastmaster next week will be Jim Salih.
|Toastmaster:||Prathyush Viasaroopan (PV)|
|Table Topics:||Steve Winheim|
|General Evaluator:||Bill Collier|
|Time Keeper:||Keith Page – In Person|
|Ah Counter:||Patrick Hunt – 23 uses of crutch words|
|Joke Master:||Brent Stewart|
|Vote Counter:||Donald Coupe – Virtual
Debbie Young – in Person
|Camera Operator:||Kim Bond|
Word of the Day: Connection used 5 or 6 times
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Debbie Young||Kat Higashino|
|2||J. D. Perper||Jerry Paul|
|3||Susan McConnell||Jacqueline Haar|
|Best Table Topics:||Brent Stewart|
|Best Evaluator:||Jerry Paul|
|Best Speaker||Susan McConnell|
|Most Improved||Prathyush Viasaroopan (PV)|
Meeting Rating: 9.5
Meeting Adjourned: 7:51 PM
Visitors: Liz DeCamp (V), Callie Koehr (V), Elisa Wong (V)
Member Attendance (V – Virtual, P – in Person):
|Bond, Kim – V|
|Collier, Bill – P|
|Coupe, Donald – V|
|Denton, Kathy – V|
|Haar, Jackie – V|
|Higashino, Katsuko – V|
|Hunt, Patrick – P|
|Kiser, George – V|
|McConnell, Susan – P|
|Page, Keith – P|
|Paul, Jerald – P|
|Perper, J. D. – P|
|Salih, Jim – V|
|Stewart, Brent – P|
|Viasaroopan, Prathyush (PV) – V|
|VanWinkle, Rob – P|
|Winheim, Steve – V|
|Young, Debbie – P|
Secretary’s Attendance Information:General Attendance: This week – 17 Members – 58.62%