Meeting Minutes South County Toastmasters (#1957) – July 22, 2020
|Meeting Date:||July 22, 2020|
|Meeting Type/Theme:||Regular Meeting – Theme: Games|
|Meeting Location:||Remote Video Meeting|
|Called to Order:||7:00 PM|
|Presiding Officer:||Jerry Paul|
|Submitted By:||Kathy Denton, Secretary|
- President – Jerry Paul – Minutes of the July 15 meeting were sent out, hearing no change requests they were approved as sent and posted.
- VPE – Kat Higashino – 3 Pathways level awards were awarded:
- JD Perper: Level 1 of innovative Planning
- Susan McConnell: Level 1 of Visionary Communication
- Kim Bond: Level 1 of Presentation Mastery
Secretary Note: Congratulations to all those making progress in Pathways. Your Pathways accomplishments help you as well as help the club achieve our Presidents’ Distinguished Award goals.
- VPM – Brent Stewart
- VP-PR – Partick Hunt – Patrick and Brent attended the Sunset Hills Chamber of Commerce (CoC) luncheon. The CoC awarded SCTM with a plaque that says SCTM, Member since 2020 and has their tag line: Buy Chamber First
- Secretary – Kathy Denton
- District 8 Officer Make-up Training is tomorrow and is posted here: https://dist8tm.org/training/
- Any officer who didn’t already attend the training for their role should attend. Division A training is scheduled for July 23rd at 6 pm via zoom. If that date doesn’t work for an officer they may attend any of the listed dates for other divisions. Officers who did not already attend training, should attend as it is necessary to attain the club officer training President’s Distinguished goal. Anyone who is interested can attend to learn more about the officer roles(s).
- Treasurer – Kim Bond
- Sergeant at Arms – Jim Salih
- Officer at Large – Susan McConnell
Public Relations Committee:
- Kathy suggested the Public Relations Committee consider notifying past Toastmasters that we offer zoom meetings once our mixed meeting format is worked out.
Topics concerning returning to in person meetings.
- Jerry said we are targeting the first week of August to offer in person and zoom hybrid meetings, if we can work out all the details by then. Tom asked us to consider which roles are aligned better with in person meeting and which roles align better with Zoom. Jerry said they will consider that when they do the test and let us know.
- Debbie Young said that the Missouri Athletic Club (MAC) Toastmasters club is interested in doing a meeting swap with us and she asked how many of our club might be interested and 8 hands were raised. This won’t take place until September or October. Kathy suggested Debbie send out an email so members not present tonight can let her know if they are interested.
- There was some discussion about the Ah Counter role being pointless without the bell and several people agreed. Bob suggested the Ah counter could consider tapping the side of a glass if they don’t have a bell.
- Kat – Our special meeting, a Tall Tales Contest, is next week (July 29th). Kat still has roles available so contact Kat if you would like to help out. The meeting will start at 7 and will be a zoom meeting.
|Table Topics:||Jim Salih|
|General Evaluator:||Kathy Denton|
|Time Keeper:||Steve Winheim|
|Ah Counter:||Bob Mahacek|
|Joke Master:||Sean Sheehan|
|Vote Counter:||Kim Bond|
Word of the Day: Dilemma used 4 times
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Tom Terrific||Jackie Haar|
|2||Debbie Young||Patrick Hunt|
|3||Brent Stewart||Donald Coupe|
|Best Table Topics:||Bill Collier|
|Best Evaluator:||Patrick Hunt|
|Best Speaker||Debbie Young|
|Most Improved||Jackie Haar|
Meeting Rating: 10
Meeting Adjourned: 8:45 PM
|Perper, J. D.|
Secretary’s Attendance Information:General Attendance: This week – 20 Members – 68.9%