Meeting Date: 09/25/2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: Back to School
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:00 PM
Presiding Officer: Victor Mattison, President
- President –Victor Mattison- Meeting minutes from last week – approved with one correction.
- 10/09 There will be an open house here at Met Life. Sarah and Krista are coordinating it. Donna and Matt will get the word out. We would like some members to bring a desert or something to share. Contact Sarah or Krista concerning what to bring.
- Officers held a leadership meeting tonight that Vic will report on it next week.
- We have achieved 6 of the 12 items needed for Presidents distinguished so we are in good shape to complete it next term.
- For our Halloween meeting you can wear costumes but no masks and no real or fake weapons.
- Dues are due, please send your $51 payment to the Treasurer, Mike McCarty or mail it to him at 5612 Wildbrook Dr.; St. Louis, Mo. 63129.
- Met Life has informed us that we will no longer be able to meet at Met Life after year-end. Vic will get together a committee to work on finding a new place to meet. If you would like to help contact Victor Mattison.
- Debbie Young is coordinating a meeting exchange
with the Missouri Athletic Club (MAC).
- On November the 6th, South County Toastmasters (SCTM) will visit the MAC.
- On December 4th, the MAC will visit SCTM.
- Also, on October 16th the MAC has
invited SCTM to join their field trip to Chandlier Hill Winery for an evening
of wine and table topics.
- 5:00 pm – The bus leaves from MAC downtown.
- 5:30 pm – The bus leaves from MAC West.
- The bus will head back at approximately 8 pm.
- Contact Carrie Burggraf: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Jim Salih reported that Youth Leadership is going well with 14 participants.
- Jim Salih reported that Max Kaiser would like phone calls or visits. He is at Marymount Manor, phone 314-629-0598 (he will take calls from 1 to 9 pm)
- Zach Smelcer announced availability of a room at New England Village for the Christmas party at a cost of $125, with a $100 damage deposit that will be returned if there is no damage. Donna noted that cancelling our alternative venue at JB will cost $25. A vote was taken and it was approved to have the party at New England Village Clubhouse, Tollgate Rd, St. Louis, Mo. 63129.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Vic will contact Tom Terrific to see how he is doing and if he can have visitors.
|Toastmaster: Sean Sheehan|
|Greeter: Howard Brandt|
|Invocator/CLE: Victor Mattison|
|Grammarian: Victor Mattison – Surfeit – to consume too much of something|
|Time Keeper: Zach Smelcer|
|Vote Counter: Debbie Young|
|Ah Counter: Krista Butler|
|Camera Operator: Jim Salih|
|Table Topics: JD Perper|
|General Evaluator: Kathy Denton|
|Joke Master: Rob Van Winkle|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||Matt Clark||Carl Hendrickson|
|2||Jeannie Spurgeon||Brent Stewart|
|3||Donna Jordan||Jim Salih|
|4||Jackie Harr||George Kiser|
|Most Improved:||Jackie Harr|
|Best Table Topics:||Krista Butler|
|Best Evaluator:||George Kiser|
|Best Speaker:||Matt Clark|
|Spencer, Mary K||☐|
Meeting Rating: 8.75
Meeting Adjourned: 9:00 pm
Attendance: 17/ 41 members in attendance. – 41% attendance
Submitted by Kathy Denton, volunteer.