Revised Meeting Minutes
South County Toastmasters (#1957)
Meeting Date: 6/19/2019
Meeting Type/Theme: Regular Meeting – Theme: All Things Blue (Way to Go STL Blues!)
Meeting Location: Metropolitan Life Building
Called to Order: 7:01 PM
Presiding Officer: Debbie Young, President
- President –Debbie Young- No corrections to the meeting minutes from last week. Approved as submitted.
- VPE Elect – Rich Puskarich – Noted there are 5 weeks in July and next week is July 3rd with very few members slated to attend. Sandy Roll motioned we cancel the meeting on July 3rd and Bill Collier 2nded the motion.
- President – Debbie Young – Summer Toastmasters Leader Institute is scheduled for June 22 at 8:30 – 2:30pm. TLI will be held at Maritz North in Fenton. Incoming officers should attend, but ALL members are encouraged to attend.
- The new member applications for Stanley Monteiro and Donald Coupe were received. Jim Salih motioned for the Club to accept them as new members. JD Perper 2nded the motion and the Club voted them in. Rich Puskarich is Stanley’s mentor and Susan McConnell is Donald Coupe’s.
Correspondence and Announcements:
- Bill Collier announced a former member, Jim Ruzika has beat cancer, says “hello” to everyone and may attend a meeting as a guest very soon.
- Susan McConnell ran into Tracy Cahill, another former member who sends her best wishes to the Club. Tracy may also attend an upcoming meeting as a guest.
- George Kiser referenced an e-mail he sent earlier in the week. Elizabeth Brennan from REJIS as inquired whether a Club member would be willing to speak for an hour on July 17th or July 26th. The speech will be a tutorial on interpersonal, speaking and meeting skills. If anyone is interested please see George for details. (On June 20th, George sent an updated e-mail that Kathy Denton is willing to assist, but she’d be happy to share the speaker role with anyone who would like to do this with her).
|Toastmaster: Rob Van Winkle|
|Greeter: Mike McCarty|
|Invocator/CLE: Susan McConnell|
|Grammarian: Debbie Young – Word of evening Glory|
|Time Keeper: Bill Collier|
|Vote Counter: Jim Salih|
|Ah Counter: George Kiser|
|Camera Operator: Sean Sheehan|
|Table Topics: Sandy Roll|
|General Evaluator: Carl Hendrickson|
|Joke Master: Steve Winheim|
Speakers and Evaluators:
|1||JD Perper||Samira Mujdzic|
|2||Rich Puskarich||Jerry Paul|
|3||Mary K Spencer||Susan McConnell|
|4||Sean Sheehan||Sarah Xu|
|Most Improved:||Samira Mujdzic|
|Best Table Topics:||Carl Hendrickson|
|Best Evaluator:||Samira Mujdzic|
|Best Speaker:||Sean Sheehan|
|Spencer, Mary K||☒|
Meeting Rating: 8.25
Meeting Adjourned: 8:58 pm
Attendance: 19/ 38 members in attendance. 50% attendance
Visitors: Donald Coupe, Beth, Ethan Xu, Stanley Monteiro and Jeanie Spurgeon
Submitted by Sandy Roll, Secretary